Deleted

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The size is better.... I mean the image size, of course.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Manystones

Post by Manystones »

I can't believe Charlie has gone :(

Besides the bandwidth issue IMO his absence will be another intellectual loss for the forum comparable with that of Marduk

this is not a good day for archaeologica.org
Digit

Post by Digit »

Agreed! :( :(
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

comparable with that of Marduk

Much worse than that.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

What the hell has been going on around here? Where's Charlie? I've just seen a brief terse exchange on a few of these threads and I'm lost for words. Can't we reach some sort of compromise on this? This board without Charlie's going to seem like er the Rolling Stones without Mick Jagger (I was going to say Public Enemy without Chuck D but the Stones might make more sense here). Bloody hell! How did this happen? Can't we get a petition and get him back or something?
Digit

Post by Digit »

I've P-mailed him and I hope he will return, I can only suggest evrybody else do the same.
Starflower

Post by Starflower »

I pm'd him also, I miss him and his rocks. On the up side I've joined his forum and can go there to 'see' him til we talk him into coming back.

Star
It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World

"Give us the timber or we'll go all stupid and lawless on your butts". --Redcloud, MTF
Digit

Post by Digit »

I'm going to do the same Star. His rocks are either natural fractures or man made, if man made then he's onto something important, not just 'silly rocks'.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I have seen them and held them in my hands, Digit, and there is no way in hell that those stones that Charlie has found are natural.

There are fully millions of tons of common river rocks on the creek sides and they are smoothed and polished and rounded just like you would expect a stone to be after being hammered by water for who knows how long. Out of the millions of rocks in evidence he has found hundreds which show signs of being worked.

There is no question about human involvement in making them. The only question he has to answer is the age....and he's working on that.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

And the pics I've seen Min seem to indicate they are too crude to be late Paleolithic, so I think he is onto something important.
I was looking at his site earlier but didn't bookmark it and can't find it again. Can you point me in the right direction?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I don't know if he maintained his site.....I know he disabled the forum part of it.

A lot of his pictures are in here....just scroll down to where the "pre-clovis" section starts.

http://cayman.globat.com/~bandstexas.com/

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Thanks Min.
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Although Charlie and I disagree of course, I must say that I very much appreciate him for actually facing what he felt were the consequences of his position. Here's a guy with a spine! I tip my hat to him. I like people like that.
Mind you: of course I do disagree a lot with people like that. But I also like them at the same time.
Sadly, there are very few of those. People like Charlie. People with a spine.

Plus, Charlie has these fabulous treasures. His 'rocks'. That he showed us. US! And we knew we were privileged to be looking at the E V I D E N C E that will one day radically change the accepted view of how, when, where, and ultimately, by whom, the Americas were peopled. I was already fantasizing how the cover of that edition of National Geographic might look.... 8)

But we have to miss all that now.
Unless we go catch Charlie at the other site.

Just like everybody else here was caught by surprise at Charlie's immediate withdrawal, I was too. So where do we stand after the dust has settled a little?
Imo, Charlie made his point very clear. And so did I, of course. So, at this point neither of us needs to prove his point anymore. That being the case I propose a trade (after all: I'm Dutch... 8) ):
Charlie, you backed up your position, you made your point, and you thereby acknowledged mine. Afaic war is over. I'd like to shake hands and smoke the peace pipe with you. If you come back, I'll pick avatars you could show at the local Boy Scouts meet!
Last edited by Rokcet Scientist on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digit

Post by Digit »

But consider this everyone. This is an open forum, I am probably the oldest regular poster, but our youngest reader/s may be children, what we say and what we show should respect that fact. :(
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Digit wrote:But consider this everyone. This is an open forum, I am probably the oldest regular poster, but our youngest reader/s may be children, what we say and what we show should respect that fact. :(
I have to disagree, Digit: if we do that the intellectual level here would drop to the highest common denominator. Which – I submit – would put that level even below that of the creationists...!

Though very sociable, your proposal would be the death of progress on this board.