Thanksgiving 2007

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Forum Monk

Thanksgiving 2007

Post by Forum Monk »

In the US we are about to celebrate one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving. We will gather with family, enjoy good food and many of us will remember the hardships endured by our puritan ancestors and give thanks for our blessings.

This year, I hope everyone finds a moment to reflect on where they are and how they got there and realize if you were born at a different time or place how much less you may have in terms of possessions, opportunities, health and future.

Throw a little extra in the offering box, or the red kettle and be generous if you can. Remember the earthquake victims in Peru, the flood victims in Bangladesh, the genocide victims in Darfur, and the troops of various nations which will not be celebrating next to us this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends and acquaintances at Archaeologica.
:D
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Happy Thanksgiving to you FM and everyone else reading this thread. We are all very fortunate indeed and often lose sight of how truly blessed we are. It's good to have a day to reflect on these things.

I have family coming down from Indiana this evening, and my sons coming over tomorrow. Turkey, ham, and all the traditional fare is in store. My wife loves the day - she gets to complain about how busy she is and gloat about her big meal at the same time. I'll be called upon to deliver a traditional Thanksgiving prayer - with all of us holding hands. I won't be too long winded.

Thanksgiving is a special day, and our best holiday in my opinion.

Thanksgiving blessings to all. :)
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Warm wishes for a safe holiday to all the readers of Archaeologica.org and all contributors here in the forums.

For each and every one I am everlastingly thankful.

Michelle
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.