Hello!

Tell us what you think about your visit to our site!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Persephone

Hello!

Post by Persephone »

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself here. My name is Michelle, and I live in Wisconsin (US). I'm in my mid-30s, married for 15 1/2 years, and my husband and I have four daughters together.

I have always been interested in all things Historical, Archaeology, Anthropology, and various other aspects of Ancient Civilizations (as well as more modern ones!).

Another interest of mine is various ancient and modern world religions, and comparing how they are alike and different. I do consider myself a Christian, but I have a VERY open mind when it comes to finding truths in other religions besides "my own". I personally think the "church" in various forms has "forgotten" some things, and has also at times gotten away from the true message of the Bible, etc... I also think that through fear (of the people, perhaps?) that the "powers that be" (i.e. priests, pastors, etc...) have perhaps "thrown the baby out with the bathwater" when it comes to understanding of some/many aspects of spirituality... Anyway, I could go on, but I'll save that for an appropriate thread, or two! LOL

I am by no means an expert in any of the fields mentioned above, but I am looking forward to participating in the discussions here, as well as learning more! I have spent the last few days reading through various threads in the forum, and I must say that I'm very much looking forward to getting to know everyone! I'm very impressed at the variety and quality of knowledge you all possess here! I've already learned a lot, and discovered some specific things I'd like to study more about! :)

I don't know how often I will be able to post, but I will definitely be checking in on a somewhat regular basis. I hope everyone here is doing well, and again I look forward to "meeting" everyone and getting to know you all!

Sincerely,
Michelle
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Hello Michelle and welcome to the forum. Just jump in and join the conversation any time. :D
Cognito

Welcome

Post by Cognito »

I enjoyed reading your introduction, Michelle. Welcome to the Forum and I hope you begin posting here soon -- Ishtar holds her own, but we could use more female presence to reduce the post-game locker room smell. :shock:
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Digit

Post by Digit »

Welcome, though whether we men can survive another female worries me! :lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Don't mind Digit....he's even older than I am.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Cognito

Dirt

Post by Cognito »

Don't mind Digit....he's even older than I am.
That makes Digit older than dirt! :shock:
Forum Monk

Re: Hello!

Post by Forum Monk »

Persephone wrote:I personally think the "church" in various forms has "forgotten" some things, and has also at times gotten away from the true message of the Bible, etc...
Right about here the song breaks into its chorus.
:D

Welcome Michelle.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Let's see a little respect for your elders shall we! :lol:
Ishtar

Re: Welcome

Post by Ishtar »

Cognito wrote: ...but we could use more female presence to reduce the post-game locker room smell. :shock:
Couldn't agree more...but you can always rely on Cogs to make you feel like a woman, W O M A N, I'll say it again ....if you know what I mean! :lol:
Digit

Post by Digit »

At this point Min produces a suitable cartoon! :lol:
If he dares!
Forum Monk

Re: Welcome

Post by Forum Monk »

Ishtar wrote:...but you can always rely on Cogs to make you feel like a woman, W O M A N, I'll say it again ....if you know what I mean!
:shock:

Cogs! I'm impressed!
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry it took a bit for me to get back here and reply. It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me. Just busy, busy, busy! LOL

Anyway, thank you so very much for the warm welcome! You all seem like a great group. I couldn't help but chuckle at some of the responses to my post... Especially those about being able to survive another woman on the board! ROFL

Well, I've gotta run yet again - trying to get a late dinner on the table, and I think it's about done.

Take care everyone, and I'll try to return ASAP, most likely tonight or tomorrow.

~ Michelle
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I'm glad you came back Michelle. I was afraid those old yardbirds had scared you off. :wink:
Cognito

Post by Cognito »

:shock: Cogs! I'm impressed!
FM, Ishtar and I have entertwined our thoughts on the ethereal plane of the sensuous and spiritual. 8)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

We're not that scary.

Are we?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin