Footprints in the Ash!

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

That map strongly supports that coastal migration scenario, doesn't it?
LGM was around 20,000 BP.
Sea levels were even lower in earlier times. Between 50 and 100 KYA sea level was upto 750 feet below current levels. That must have been the era that Valsequillo Man's grand daddy was en-route towards central Mexico.
During LGM sea level was a 'mere' 350 feet below the present. But that was enough too, as that map shows.
Cognito

Espirtu Santo

Post by Cognito »

For further reading is an interview with Harumi Fujita, the Japanese archaeologist who discovered the Espiritu Santo site in Baja containing shell middens that were radiocarbon dated to between 36,000bp and 42,000bp.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... soft:en-US

Also of interest is a more recent burial of a male (radiocarbon dated 1180 to 1280AD) with a variety of metal objects. Now that just ain't supposed to happen in pre-Columbian America.

I love it when paradigms come crashing down! :D
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

This means that this Indian was buried before the official discovery of Baja California by the Spaniards. I am investigating the origin of the metals.

Maybe you should put her in touch with Charlie?

:wink:
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

Wow, the Sutter Buttes are even more impressive on that map than the modern one. :shock: