Like a Burr

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

john

Like a Burr

Post by john »

All -

Like a burr, the included link attaches

To a multiplicity of forum socks,

But has no home of its own at present.

Nonetheless, its worth a read.

http://www.axoplasm.com/archaeology/rockart.php

hoka hey

john
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Whenever I look at these rock art PICS I am struck by how similar they are around the world.
The same symology, style of dress on the humans, headdresses, etc.
If you took a photo of some of the recently found North Africa stuff and gave it to a Great Basin expert without telling him of it’s providence, he may very rightly assume it was from Nevada.
john

Post by john »

kbs2244 wrote:Whenever I look at these rock art PICS I am struck by how similar they are around the world.
The same symology, style of dress on the humans, headdresses, etc.
If you took a photo of some of the recently found North Africa stuff and gave it to a Great Basin expert without telling him of it’s providence, he may very rightly assume it was from Nevada.

kbs2244 -

Just another example of Multiple Independent Simultaneous Invention.

Like, hematite.

Nest ce pas?

hoka hey

john
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain