The Ancient Hieroglyphic Script of the Maori of New Zealand

All points south!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

PaulMarcW

The Ancient Hieroglyphic Script of the Maori of New Zealand

Post by PaulMarcW »

http://www.beforebc.de/Related.Subjects ... 00-11.html

Barry Fell of Harvard and his decipherment of (I believe these are African and it's my term) lost African languages of the (my paraphrase) Carthage-British Isles-South American-Polynesian corridor:

FOLLOWING SITE WITH BARRY FELL'S WORK [BUT HIS INTERPRETATION AND MINE ARE DIFFERENT] http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/br ... llview.htm
Marc Washington
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Hello Paul Marc

It's good to have you on the board. I can see from this, and your other post on European populations, that you are going to be giving us some really interesting stuff to discuss.

So is Fell saying that the Maori are of Greek/Egyptian derivation by way of Libya? And what is your view, as I note that you say it's different. For instance, how to you think a bunch of Greek/Egyptian speakers of possibly Libyan descent ended up in NZ?

:)
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Welcome aboard, Paul Marc
I was aware of Fell’s work on North American stuff but did not know he was from New Zeeland and thought the Libyans had reached there.
I find the concept possible, although I don’t know how plausible.
There are, however, reported hieroglyphics in Australia, and if they got that far, New Zeeland isn’t much of a jump.
They are pretty well known to have made a customary trade route of circling Africa.
The OT talks about Solomon being the financier of Tyre’s 3 year long trips on this route.
This is why the nation of Israel has traditionaly had a Red Sea port.
These trade trips were noted as coming back with Peacocks and Apes.
So you would have some kind of Indian as well as Congo River contact.
India to Africa trade was pretty common, so the Libyan / Egyptian sailors would not be venturing into the unknown.
So, depending on the time of year, and which way the wind was blowing, heading East instead of South may have made sense.
PaulMarcW

Post by PaulMarcW »

Thank you for the feedback and information on these matters.
Marc Washington
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

how to you think a bunch of Greek/Egyptian speakers of possibly Libyan descent ended up in NZ?

Boats.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

:D :D :D

I wasn't asking you, Min, because I was hoping for a different answer, just to add to the variety a bit, you know.

I thought that maybe Paul Marc might say 'hand gliders' or 'para gliding' or 'steam powered lawn mowers' or just something ....anything! ... other than boats.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Your anti-boat chauvinism is really showing, Ish!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Landlubber!

-- George Carlin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

or even...
woooooooooooohhhh :shock: :shock: :shock: !
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

:lol: :lol:

Been on one of those New Age sites again, WA? :wink:
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Ishtar wrote::lol: :lol:

Been on one of those New Age sites again, WA? :wink:
Actually, I'm slightly encouraged by the fact that it took me a good ten minutes to find pictures of pyramids and flying saucers. I thought it'd be instantaneous with google image returning an instant 40,000 results.
rich

Post by rich »

i'm not lookin' for who or what made the earth - just who got me dizzy by makin it spin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

DAMMIT! :x
And a real photograph too, not just an artist's impression!
rich

Post by rich »

yupper - the REAL thing - watch out!!!!!!!!
i'm not lookin' for who or what made the earth - just who got me dizzy by makin it spin