Pleistocene Art Pictures

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

No way, Dig. No-one on here oversteps my personal lines at all! :D

I always really enjoy talking to everyone on here, with no exceptions. :D
Digit

Post by Digit »

That's why I love this forum and those on it Ish. Take a look at this from a woodworking forum that I post to.
Lincolnshirebodger wrote:
Dont say me posting here hasn't brought a new range of topics!!!!

I absolutely agree - in the same way that satellite television has brought a new range of programmes - practically all of an extremely poor standard and not benefitting TV at all..

Lincolnshirebodger wrote:
I dont come her to convert people, i just point out the obvious and where to find out more, its up to you whether you go enlighten yourself or you prefer to walk round eyes closed!!!

Do you think that you could make that comment even more patronising with a little practice? This used to be a really friendly place, but you are the latest in a line of trolls whose only reason for posting is to be condescending, confrontational and boorish. I can't recall one positive and interesting comment, woodwork-related or otherwise, that made me glad to have you here.

Whilst I fully appreciate that you don't need my approval to post, please be in no doubt that not everyone finds you as interesting and knowledgeable as you seem to. A reply is not required, expected, or of any interest.

It's not that rare either, in fact two threads have been locked this week and two people were banned last week alone.

Roy.
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

I know a forum exactly like it, Dig... except it's much worse. Its members are united in one common aim, to bully and goad a certain person (no prizes for guessing who), and to make that person's life online and offline a total misery.

The administrator and the moderator are the main ringleaders.

Like all bullies, they are all cowards ... to a man, and it takes a woman to stand up to them.

Digit

Post by Digit »

Unfortunately the net is a great way of hiding from the results of your action Ish. Face to face most wouldn't say boo to a Goose.

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Its members are united in one common aim, to bully and goad a certain person

Arch deserves it, Ish.

You weren't here when he was crapping on every thread with his pious fairy tales.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Minimalist wrote:
Its members are united in one common aim, to bully and goad a certain person

Arch deserves it, Ish.

You weren't here when he was crapping on every thread with his pious fairy tales.
No human being deserves what you do to him, Min.

I would never wish you ill, but one day it may happen to you. I pray that it doesn't but then, on the other hand, maybe only when you're on the receiving end of it would you finally understand how cruel it is.

Arch left the board but you carried on talking about him and spreading lies and rumours about him that even permeated on to the rest of the internet and could have destroyed his career. Every other thread was named after him, or was about him. You even named the board after him ...

So he is torn by staying away or coming back on to defend himself. And now you bully boys have got the hue and cry going about these ridiculous allegations of his book being in breach of copyright. None of you understand the copyright laws or will listen to me when I try to explain to you how it works and why you are are wrong.

I know this isn't the place to discuss this, so if you want to carry on, let's PM each other.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

He did not "leave", he was banned and for good reason.

And Michelle is not quick on the ban hammer.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

I was talking about Koko's.

I have no complaints about Arch's treatment on this board.
Last edited by Ishtar on Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

He did manage to get banned at Koko's, too....although Koko relented.

Koko is a wimp about stuff like that.

-- George Carlin