Election

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Election

Post by Minimalist »

I was quite lucky. No lines at all at my polling station. The poll workers did say there had been a line when they opened early this morning but it had gone smoothly. We arrived around 10 AM, walked right in to the registration desk and were done in 15 minutes.

Whew. We were planning to spend the day on line to vote for Barack. My wife even brought lunch.

So far, serious problems have been minimal across the country.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Re: Election

Post by Ishtar »

Minimalist wrote:I was quite lucky. No lines at all at my polling station. The poll workers did say there had been a line when they opened early this morning but it had gone smoothly. We arrived around 10 AM, walked right in to the registration desk and were done in 15 minutes.

Whew. We were planning to spend the day on line to vote for Barack. My wife even brought lunch.
Was it a vote for Barack or a vote against McCain?
Minimalist wrote:
So far, serious problems have been minimal across the country.
Are they expecting trouble then - or a huge turnout?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I'm a Democrat so it was for Obama...even though he wasn't my first choice.

They are getting massive turnout in many states.

I always expect trouble. In fact, if Obama wins, I expect a military coup.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Minimalist wrote:I'm a Democrat so it was for Obama...even though he wasn't my first choice.

They are getting massive turnout in many states.

I always expect trouble. In fact, if Obama wins, I expect a military coup.
:lol:

Do you think those militia men will come down from the hills?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

No. Those morons will be running into the hills.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Ish, I think Mel Brooks captured the reaction of most of the GOP in this clip from Blazing Saddles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcZ9ku_wInw

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Minimalist wrote:Ish, I think Mel Brooks captured the reaction of most of the GOP in this clip from Blazing Saddles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcZ9ku_wInw
:D

Very good!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Mel also understood the other side of the coin.

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=jsj4s9z-E ... re=related

-- George Carlin
Grumpage

Post by Grumpage »

walked right in to the registration desk and were done in 15 minutes.
Golly, gosh...we are in and out in 15 seconds and it still seems too long.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Ballot is about sixteen inches long and printed on both sides.

One has to vote on a shitload of judges, propositions and local elections.

To top it all off you have to draw a line to connect two arrows which takes a bit more time than just drawing an "x". One must be careful not to make extraneous marks on the ballot which could screw up the optical scanner.

They make it as hard as possible.

Assholes.

-- George Carlin
Grumpage

Post by Grumpage »

:lol:
Grumpage

Post by Grumpage »

A couple of weeks ago I watched a horror movie on TV.
It was called "Recount".
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I couldn't watch.

I lived it.

-- George Carlin
Grumpage

Post by Grumpage »

On a serious note. This election is about as important over here as it is for you. Whatever happens the nightmare of the last eight years is coming to an end. I said good riddance to Tony Blair when he quit office and I'll echo that sentiment for your great leader. We are well shot of both of them.
Digit

Post by Digit »

One has to vote on a shitload of judges, propositions and local elections.
Don't complain Min, we get stuck with appointees.
The one thing that bothers me about this election, as reported over here that is, is that many coloured people seem to be turning out to vote simply because their choice is black.
Many people over here voted for the man, rather than the policies, back in 97, and we got Blair and his Scottish mafia!
If voting for the man I'd chose McCain. But then of course I'd get the clothes horse as well!
Over here Min I sense a disbelief that McCain ever chose her in the first place, or was it on advise?

Roy.