An intresting pardon

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

kbs2244

An intresting pardon

Post by kbs2244 »

An intresting pardon.
I aways wounder who lobies who in this type of deal.
You can be pretty sure Bush didn't have any personal knowledgr of the case.
(I am not so sure that Clinton didn't know a lot of his last min bunch.)

http://www.sltrib.com/portlet/article/h ... siteId=297
Donna

Bush Pardons

Post by Donna »

I was reading the names at the bottom that Bush pardoned and I couldn't figure out why he was giving a pardon to these people then I read a name and realized why this person was on Bush's list. Last name is Miller he is basically unknown but his father was a loyal Republican Congressman in FL. I bet all the rest of them have some sort of similiar connection. :roll:

And to stay on topic I'm sure the guy in Utah wasn't even doing anything wrong in Bush's mind.

Donna
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

There is a high percentage of drug crimes there.....guess Bush still has a soft-spot for them.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I just saw a news story where he recinded on of the pardons!
Nobody can remember that being done before.
Something to the effect of "I wasn't told everything."

Rumor has it that the drug related pardons are at the request of the DEA.
They are guys that were informants but that they could't get the judges or SA, many up for re-election, to plea bargin in their cases.

But back to topic, I think you are right.
Something to the effect of "He has suffered enough for some arrow heads and old pots."