pictures of rock art

Have you been to great ancient site? Show us here and tell us about your experience!

To that end, Photobucket.com has a new feature called the "Bulk Uploader" which allows you to go through an entire directory and select which photos you wish to upload by thumbnail instead of having to individually select them. It makes the process infinitely faster and simpler.

(And Photobucket is a free service.)

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

annieo11

pictures of rock art

Post by annieo11 »

I just wanted to try this out and find out if I have added an avatar to my posts. I take pictures of the pictures I see on rocks and my avatar is one such rock. I would like to see more of this kind of picture or hear of anything anyone knows about portable rockart. It's gotten awful quiet in here lately. :(
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

So what is your impression of the "Mammoth engraving" which is shown on the Lake Michigan thread in New World?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
annieo11

Post by annieo11 »

Min
My impression of the boulder in lake michigan is that of sheer delight. Kind of hard to fake a thing like that 40 feet under water. It does make for a hard study but there are plenty of pectographs above ground that have given experts a tough time figuring out what they are and what the makers intent was. Although, there are many fakes and frauds to wade through pun intended, artifact or geofact is still a very interesting subject.
I wonder if they(the reseachers) made an -impression- of the pectograph along with the photos. something I did recently with the avatar stone and some polomer clay. worked really well to get an idea of which lines are intentional, and when I held it up to the light The outline and interior lines came through rather nicely. annieo11
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I have to admit it seems pretty tough to fake something 40 feet down in cold water. I suppose it can be done but scientists will detect it.

The Israeli scholar, Yuval Goren, did a masterful job detecting the fraud of the "Joash Tablet" and even found where they had gotten the original block of stone to make their "relic."

At least they tried to sell that relic for a small fortune. Where is the motivation to create a forgery on the bottom of a lake?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Sam Salmon

Post by Sam Salmon »

Minimalist wrote:I have to admit it seems pretty tough to fake something 40 feet down in cold water. I suppose it can be done but scientists will detect it.

The Israeli scholar, Yuval Goren, did a masterful job detecting the fraud of the "Joash Tablet" and even found where they had gotten the original block of stone to make their "relic."

At least they tried to sell that relic for a small fortune. Where is the motivation to create a forgery on the bottom of a lake?
Please-the supposed rock marking were supposed to made when lake levels were quite different.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Why would someone build a stone circle in a lake at any time?

There's someplace in Britain...or one of those islands to the north where there is a stone circle which is half into the ocean. I'm reasonably certain that it was all dry land when they started.

-- George Carlin