Neanderthal Genome News

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

We need to form a group to advance the interests of HE.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

We need DNA Min! Next to Atlantis rising that would be the greatest event of the century.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You know...they found soft tissue from a 65 million year old T-Rex not too long ago.

There is hope. But someone will have to start looking.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

They need to want to look Min. Some consider their rep more important than truth I fear.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Usable DNA from something that old is not something one goes looking for. As with T-Rex, I suspect it will have to be found accidentally.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

I didn't mean it in that sense Min. I meant that little seems to be done to protect any finds from contamination so that they may examined for intact DNA.

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I know. Really, though, it is only fairly recently that the idea of DNA as a useful tool was determined. I hope they are more careful now.

-- George Carlin