Cool Summer

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Beagle

Cool Summer

Post by Beagle »

http://www.whnt.com/news/sns-ap-tn--rec ... 2125.story

I'm having a very busy but beautiful summer. I hope you guys are enjoying yours. See you soon!
War Arrow

Re: Cool Summer

Post by War Arrow »

Don't understand this at all. I was in Houston a few weeks ago and it was pretty much like standing on the surface of the sun. I mean you're only one state along, aren't you? :?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Houston has the heat of Phoenix and the humidity of New Orleans. That why only people as tough as Frank can live there. Bigfoot doesn't stand a chance if Frank catches up with him.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

It's been cool in Ohio as well. Unusually cool. Its also been very dry. I spoke with a farmer just yesterday who is very concerned about his fields burning out.

As for Texas, I've been there in February and it was in the 70's (degrees F.) I loved it in comparison to an Ohio February. But I've also heard of people's water pipes freezing in the winter, in central Texas because the pipes are run outside of the house. In Ohio, we would never run the pipes in an outside wall, let alone outside of the house!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

It seems that all through May and June whenever I turned on a Yankee game they were putting the tarp on or taking it off the field. General temps in NY have been in the 80's even in July which is a good ten degrees below normal.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin