K-T event did NOT wipe out dinos

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

Re: K-T event did NOT wipe out dinos

Post by Digit »

I'll send you my worry beads Min. :lol:

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

i think a few beers might be more effective
Digit

Post by Digit »

Definitely!

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Digit wrote:
Is Jupiter Earth's Cosmic Protector?
July 26, 2009
Could you explain RS why Jupiter is such a wonderful guardian when it's gravity well is equally capable of sling shoting the crap at us as well as away from us?

Roy.
If Jupiter sling shots that crap at us it'll be greatly accelerated, thus making the end a lot swifter than otherwise. Thanks to Jove!
I prefer that over a protracted Armageddon process.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

dannan14 wrote:i think a few beers might be more effective

Usually is.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

E.P.'s revenge?

Future of NASA's Manned Spaceflight Looks Bleak
September 08, 2009

Things don't look good for NASA when the report outlining its future begins: 'The US human spaceflight program appears to be on an unsustainable trajectory. [NASA] is perpetuating the perilous practice of pursuing goals that do not match allocated resources. Space operations are among the most complex and unforgiving pursuits ever undertaken by humans. It really is rocket science. Space operations become all the more difficult when means do not match aspirations.' Today the Augustine Commission handed to the White House the Review of US Human Space Flight Plans Committee summary report, after months of expert review and testimony. Many observers expected a bleak report, but ultimately the future of US manned space flight will hinge on how the report's conclusions are interpreted. Keep in mind too that NASA has spent almost $8 billion of a planned $40 billion to develop systems for a return to the Moon.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/45039
Rokcet Scientist

Digit

Post by Digit »

Strike one!

Roy.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

RS' post reminds me of this clip from the greatest, quirkiest anime film ever -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2LdkRuxXTw

"Swing the bat Takkun, swing the bat."
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

This story is getting nastier by the minute. It turns out that they knew about the Shiva KT impact several years ago, but guess what?

Oil pools in the fractures caused by impact, so that gave oil company geologists plenty of time to work it through before letting the rest of us know.

By the way, NASA just entered into an agreement with the government of Saudi Arabia to help an institute for lunar and asteroid research, so things are getting better.