Humans Heat Adapted?

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Rokcet Scientist

Re: Humans Heat Adapted?

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Johnny wrote:
Minimalist wrote:Try Arizona!
I spent a day in Kingman once, out on the edge of the desert. My fur fell out and I suddenly started walking more erectly. The desire to master fire and use more complex tools quickly followed.
Well, I gotta admit that it was in Phoenix and Kingman, in July, at 110 degrees F, that I started to molt too...
But I had already walked upright for 33 years by then! So there's empirical provenance for you that bipedalism clearly precedes the shedding of fur! :lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Bullhead City tends to be hotter than either Kingman or Phoenix.

Personally..... I think they named it for the wrong part of the bull.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Minimalist wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Minimalist wrote:Try Arizona!
I spent a day in Kingman once, out on the edge of the desert. My fur fell out and I suddenly started walking more erectly. The desire to master fire and use more complex tools quickly followed.

:lol:

I was through Kingman when I went to Las Vegas. The "desert" was lush and green because of all the rain/snow we had up there this year.

I figure sometime in the next two weeks it will catch fire and burn forever.

Ahem! Actually a tad less than 2 weeks.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/201006 ... B3F80.html
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) - The second wildfire to hit this forested city in two days drove residents from more than 1,000 homes Sunday, and authorities arrested a man they say caused the first blaze by dumping coals from a campfire on the ground.

Coconino County authorities asked residents of 1,044 homes in three neighborhoods north of the city to leave because of the latest fire. The first wildfire, burning 350 acres in southeastern Flagstaff, forced the evacuation of about 170 homes, briefly shut down a hotel and remained uncontained Sunday.

Flagstaff and Kingman are both on Interstate 40. Still lots of brush to burn.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin