Sniffing poop

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Rokcet Scientist

Sniffing poop

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Yeah, I knew that'd get you here :lol:

Identifying individual HE by their poop?
Everyone poops his or her own viruses
Intestinal denizens are unique to each person, genomics study suggests

Scientists have conducted a new kind of gut check — one that catalogs viruses found in the intestines of identical twins and their mothers.

The work suggests that each person has a distinctive mix of viruses in their feces, and that mix doesn’t change much over time, say researchers led by Jeffrey Gordon of Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. The new study, which appears in the July 15 Nature, also suggests that viruses and bacteria in the gut aren’t engaging in the molecular arms races that usually characterize how microbes and their viral predators relate to each other. [...]
http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic ... wn_viruses

So if every single individual – now HSS – is identifiable by his/her poop, theoretically every single HE individual should be identifiable by their coprolites, shouldn't they?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Sniffing poop

Post by Minimalist »

Dogs have known this for millenia!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Oh boy….

But only a trace to the mother?
No fatherhood check?
I guess that makes sense.
No blood to blood contact.

Next question is can you check it through a petrified “coprolite?”
We will be able to track Lucy’s descendants.
Rokcet Scientist

kbs2244 wrote:Next question is can you check it through a petrified “coprolite?”
Viruses can petrify. That's what they found, petrified viruses, in those Mars rocks that were chipped off of Mars and somehow landed on Antarctica, 4 million years ago, I believe.
Well, that's what the media say, anyway.

But afaik DNA is destroyed in the petrification process. Which is a crystallization process of course.
We will be able to track Lucy’s descendants.
We're all here, aren't we? :lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Sniff....sniff.... Apparently.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Minimalist wrote:Sniff....sniff.... Apparently.
Will you GIT out of my bathroom, you perv! 8)
Yes, I had onion soup!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

-- George Carlin