Ok - This is a good one.

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Rokcet Scientist

Re: Ok - This is a good one.

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Tiompan wrote:
Rokcet Scientist wrote:Yeah, I know that video where the crow bends some wire into a hook and uses it to fish a morsel out of a glass tube.
They go one better than that , using one sized stick to obtain another sized stick that is then used to obtain food ,the original sized stick being useless for the job.
That would be selecting/choosing and using a provided, ready-made tool, George, whereas bending a wire constitutes manufacturing/making and using a tool that did not previously exist.
The latter is quite different and demonstrates more original contemplation, imo.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

In either case its pretty impressive coming from a crow.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Rokcet Scientist wrote:
Tiompan wrote:
Rokcet Scientist wrote:Yeah, I know that video where the crow bends some wire into a hook and uses it to fish a morsel out of a glass tube.
They go one better than that , using one sized stick to obtain another sized stick that is then used to obtain food ,the original sized stick being useless for the job.
That would be selecting/choosing and using a provided, ready-made tool, George, whereas bending a wire constitutes manufacturing/making and using a tool that did not previously exist.
The latter is quite different and demonstrates more original contemplation, imo.
mmmmm pretty difficult to evaluate ,the "thinking" involved in using one tool to access another i.e. a meta-tool is of a different order to just using a tool but the original point was , no limbs were involved .

George