Bluehenge unearthed

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

Re: Bluehenge unearthed

Post by Digit »

:lol:

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

I like it!
I could power it myself at the moment as I'm working up a considerable head of steam trying to make my wife and son understand how a combination boiler works!

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Dang, new-fangled electricity!!!!!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Yep! If we had been intended to use it God would have fitted us with a built in socket!

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Um...well. In one sense he did....................

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

I should have known better! :lol:

Roy.
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Digit wrote:I like it!
I thought you would. OK, gorge yourself:

http://www.google.nl/m/search?q=steampu ... CBAQ7AkwAA
Digit

Post by Digit »

Some years ago the UK converted from coal gas to natural gas, and at that time the Nationalised gas suppliers promised that any piece of gas operated equipment that they couldn't convert they would replace.
Till they ran up against a gas powered radio here in Wales!

Roy.
Garry Denke

Post by Garry Denke »

http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/pdfz/ ... z.pdf.html
Ordovician-Silurian (Late Paleozoic) Anatolia Cross-bedded Sandstone.
Anatolia Turkey Sandstones: 40g, 42c, 80, 96 ditch.
Bluehenge (Altarhenge) 1-24 (ATS).
(24 River Avon Circle)

G-D
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

I reread this thread. I can't help but wonder if all the scholarly ramblings are so far off the mark as to only reflect their own wishes for its meaning...

I can believe that most of the stones are glacial erratics. They're barely shaped by the hands of humans. (yes the lintels were carved with sockets to fit securely on the uprights) Hell, the pillars at the MUCH OLDER site of Gobekli Tepi have been extensively & meticulously carved to shape & furthermore, many are themselves adorned with carvings.

In my mind's eye, I see some guys standing around a rather large erratic saying "So guys... think we can haul this thing over there by the river?" I imagine they probably did that with every large rock in fairly close proximity. In the words of the main character in the movie Seven... "Why does it always have to be a fucking shrine?"

We can NEVER know what Stonehenge meant to the groups of people who built it. (in distinct phases)

I like to irreverently believe it was the vacay 'destination' of affluent hunter/gather/farmers... Maybe it was a multipurpose venue... Weddings, christenings, funerals...

Why not? My idea is just as valid as the next person's ideas.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Garry Denke

Post by Garry Denke »

"Although no bluestone chips were found within Bluestonehenge, we
can be confident that these stones were not local sarsens but bluestones:"
Stonehenge’s Avenue and Bluestonehenge
https://preview.tinyurl.com/y5r3742o
https://tinyurl.com/y5r3742o

CORRECTION:
Silurian-Devonian (Paleozoic) Anatolia Cross-bedded Sandstone.
Anatolia Turkey Sandstone: 40g, 42c, 80, 96 ditch.
Bluehenge (Altarhenge) 1-24 (ATS).
(24 River Avon Circle)

Hard Coal was Black Gold in the Ice Age
~ Cheddar Man

G-D