Solar Flare Wiped Out Megafauna and Clovis

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

john

Solar Flare Wiped Out Megafauna and Clovis

Post by john »

Seems a badass solar flare wiped out both the megafaunal populations and the Clovis kulchah..........

All other theories can now take their richly deserved back seat in the Museum of Fail.

http://www.etheric.com/Downloads/SPE.pdf

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

John
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
E.P. Grondine

Re: Solar Flare Wiped Out Megafauna and Clovis

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Not so fast, Kimosabe

http://cosmictusk.com/e-p-grodines-comp ... yd-impacts

More to come shortly.
spacecase0

Post by spacecase0 »

I wonder how the magnetic energy transfer fits in to these events ?
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2008/30oct_ftes/
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Digit

Post by Digit »

As I said before, we may yet need every bit of CO2 we can lay our hands on....

http://article.wn.com/view/2011/06/16/S ... _Predicts/

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

If that means it will be 100 instead of 110 in July in Arizona, Dig, I think I can handle it without running for a sweater!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

If it does drop 10 degrees I'll ask you if I can borrow your sweater! :lol:

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

It's a deal.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Cognito

Post by Cognito »

Roy, thanks for posting the solar articles. If any of the global warming geniuses had bothered to take a close look at solar data over the last decade they would have already noticed the pattern that has now become evident.(1)

Some of the articles' authors state that the cycle isn't enough to "offset global warming", to which I say BS. Expect a 1C to 2C drop in average temperatures over the next decade. Min lives in Arizona and I'm located in SoCal so it's no big deal; however, you're in England so you'll feel it. Feel free to visit any time! :lol:

Note to above:

(1) Can we bury Michael Mann's hockey stick graph yet?
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Digit

Post by Digit »

The biggest danger from a temp drop Cogs could mean a shorter growing season, which have serious effects in the higher latitudes.
Have you read about renewed forest growth Cogs?
I would have thought that Mr Mann had been assigned to the dustbin of history by now, the only known individual with less accurate predictions was General Sedgwick!

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Hey, Sedgwick was a hero........ and a target.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

And a proven fool!
A bit like those scientists who insist on definitive statements of certitude.

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Oh, I don't know. He simply underestimated the skill of Confederate sharpshooters.

-- George Carlin
Cognito

Post by Cognito »

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!" Gen. Sedgwick, 8 May 1864. You guys crack me up. :lol:
The biggest danger from a temp drop Cogs could mean a shorter growing season, which have serious effects in the higher latitudes. Have you read about renewed forest growth Cogs?
There is plenty of data that supports increasing forest biomass from increasing levels of CO2. What Billy Gate the Genius doesn't understand is that under a certain level in the atmosphere (I believe it is 170ppm) nothing will grow. And he talks about returning the atmosphere to zero CO2. He should stick to selling crappy software.

With atmospheric levels in the past being as high as 5,000ppm and more, we have a long way to go before approaching saturation since we're only at 390ppm today. And back then there was no "runaway warming of planet earth". That scenario was built by mental midgets with diplomas "piled higher and deeper" (ie PhD).
Last edited by Cognito on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natural selection favors the paranoid
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hello everyone -

Since no one here understands the mechanisms of solar variability and ozone valving, how do any of you know how increased CO2 levels will interact with them?

I'm an AGW agnostic, but if China and India begin to put out CO2 at US levels, my guess is we're cooked.

In any case, with 6,000,000 people on this planet, my guess is that it is also time to stop using our atmosphere as a dump.

Also in any case, we here in the US can not continue to rely on imported oil.

I wish we had firm answers to the AGW questions, as then we'd know what to do.