Glacier

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

Glacier

Post by Digit »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World- ... rchresults

Some wonderful comments about this over here.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Glacier

Post by Minimalist »

Hottest summer on record here in Arizona....which takes some doing!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

And we've had the coolest for 20 yrs, perhaps we can swap next year.
I've been studying Glaciers recently and they can be most odd in their behaviour, doesn't seem to be such a thing as a 'normal' Glacier.
They've been known to 'creep' at a few inches a year or at a normal walking pace.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

And we've had the coolest for 20 yrs, perhaps we can swap next year.

Deal.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Minimalist wrote:Hottest summer on record here in Arizona....which takes some doing!
San Antonio also broke it's own record last week - 112 I believe, or 111. :(
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

Wow, you guys are lucky. We barely had any 100 degree days this year. i was bummed to have such a mild summer. Especially since i made two trips back East and had to deal with that nasty humidity stuff. i had almost forgotten it existed.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

W/A when it gets to 112 or 111 it DOESN'T MATTER.

Especially in Texas which gets a boatload of humidity to go with it.

As we say out here.....

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

I could try and arrange some of our rain for you Min. We have plenty to spare!

Roy
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Please do.

-- George Carlin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Put me down for some rain too, please. There are now cracks in the garden containing dinosaurs and Doug McClure.

The humidity isn't so bad here in SA, although in Houston it's beyond belief - like the surface of Venus. Having said that, this morning when I went out to water the lawn I'm trying to encourage, it was actually cool for the first time since I've been here - as in cool rather than not quite so hot as usual. I'm hoping this is a good sign.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I've placed my order chaps, rain on its way. Eventually!

Roy.