The Stock Market, Media, and Archeology

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Barracuda

The Stock Market, Media, and Archeology

Post by Barracuda »

Every day I read the news on the internet. Every day they report that the stock market rose, or fell, because of this, or that...

Hell, they don't really know why the stock market does what it does, they just want people to believe that they do.

Why do people just have to make stuff up, instead of just admitting that they don't know?

In case you missed it, I am also talking about archeology...
Digit

Re: The Stock Market, Media, and Archeology

Post by Digit »

Why do people just have to make stuff up, instead of just admitting that they don't know?

In case you missed it, I am also talking about archeology...
Over here cuda we have an icon named David Attenborough, for 60 yrs he has been the 'official' voice of natural history and paleontology. A wonderful speaker, a great racanteur and apparently a charming man.
With his established rep he is the God of TV, the trouble is, that despite his qualifications he spouts the official line, official at that moment in time.
As we have both been around for some years I remember him as a young man, I also recall his first TV programme about Dactyls, 'Flying lizards'. First time around they couldn't fly, only glide. Second time around they were weak flyers. Recently they have been upgraded to superb aerial performers.
All delivered with the same charm, dedication and authority with no explanation as to the earlier programmes.
But he's paid well.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: The Stock Market, Media, and Archeology

Post by Minimalist »

People like a story with an ending.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin