"Huperdiffusionism"

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

uniface

"Huperdiffusionism"

Post by uniface »

One of the greatest archaeological riddles—and one of the grossest academic omissions—of our time is the untold story of the parallel ruins left by two seemingly unrelated ancient civilizations: the ancient Mayans on one side of the Pacific Ocean and the ancient Balinese on the other. The mysterious and unexplained similarities in their architecture, iconography, and religion are so striking and profound that the Mayans and Balinese seem to have been twin civilizations—as if children of the same parent. Yet, incredibly, this mystery is not only being ignored by American scholars, it’s being suppressed.
http://alternatenewsmedia2012.wordpress ... e-pacific/

Resist the urge to allow the AutoScoff feature to over-ride your comprehension until you've read and considered the material this presents.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: "Huperdiffusionism"

Post by Minimalist »

Hmmm...

The Spanish Steps in Rome.

and then....

Gargoyles from the Perlethorpe Church in England. Perhaps xtian monks got to the Mayans and the Balinese first?

After this...I lost interest.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

:lol:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

tl;dr

but i did look at the pictures. Seems to me that the two cultures really do share something...they're both comprised of humans. Try adding another 2 or 3 dozens cultures and you'll keep finding similarities like the very broad examples in the link.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Before you folks get all giggly, many years ago I read reports by respectable experts on both the Mayan and Balinese calendars that there were similarities between them far beyond mere chance.

At this point, my own research direction is into direct Mayan evidence, as I can not now (post stroke) handle the Mayan calendar itself with any facility or reliability, but instead have to rely on experts for that.

The same principle applies to possible African- Olmec (Zoque) contacts.

Before any of you pass judgment, do any of you actually know ANYTHING about the Balinese or other SE Asian calendar systems, or astronomical systems?

If not, then perhaps you may want to let those who do argue their case.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

There are only so many ways to build a stairway, E.P.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Yes, I know that. But stairways are not what I mentioned.
It was CALENDARS, and fairly complex ones at that.
There's also that list of non-native plants and animals to deal with.

In any case, as the work immediately before me exceeds the resources I can bring to it,
I am going to do that as best I can now, and leave this to others.