Selling Wounded Knee

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

shawomet

Selling Wounded Knee

Post by shawomet »

kbs2244

Re: Selling Wounded Knee

Post by kbs2244 »

Have you ever been there?
I have not.
But I talked with a friend (she happens to be a tall, longhaired blond) who stopped there on a whim while driving home alone from Chicago to Reno.
She called it “a long gravel driveway to nothing.”
Deserted.
Nothing but a bad outhouse, a faded sign, and a rickety lookout platform.

On her way back to her car a beat up pick up truck with two guys with long black pony tails pulled into the lot and parked about 100 feet away from her.
They started to get out, but when she made a show of taking her chrome 357 Magnum off her waist and putting it on the dash as she got into her car, they got back into the truck.

I don’t have it on my places to see before I die list.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

two guys with long black pony tails

Probably Indians.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

And respectful of blonds with guns.
(Unlike their ancestors.)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

They got Custer.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

kbs2244 wrote:Have you ever been there?
I have not.
But I talked with a friend (she happens to be a tall, longhaired blond) who stopped there on a whim while driving home alone from Chicago to Reno.
She called it “a long gravel driveway to nothing.”
Deserted.
Nothing but a bad outhouse, a faded sign, and a rickety lookout platform.

On her way back to her car a beat up pick up truck with two guys with long black pony tails pulled into the lot and parked about 100 feet away from her.
They started to get out, but when she made a show of taking her chrome 357 Magnum off her waist and putting it on the dash as she got into her car, they got back into the truck.

I don’t have it on my places to see before I die list.

I'm sure the tribes prefer it that way.