Scott Wolters: How to say B** S*** in Norwegian

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

E.P. Grondine

Scott Wolters: How to say B** S*** in Norwegian

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi all -

http://tv.nrk.no/serie/schrodingers-kat ... 20-12-2012

Hilarious.

Almost as funny as some of the locals prattling on about "the mysterious Hopewell".

Remember, it is going to take $4,000 to finish the Richard Kieninger documentary.
shawomet

Re: Scott Wolters: How to say B** S*** in Norwegian

Post by shawomet »

Well, Scott said it all: U-Haul is convinced the stone is real. What more is there to say? :lol: :lol:

I take it the film is critical of Wolter? Sure wish I understood Norwegian.
Ernie L

Post by Ernie L »

Mr. Grondine
I only understand about a quarter of your posts on this forum...and those are in English....now your posts are in Norwegian!! good grief
Regards Ernie
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

Ernie L wrote:Mr. Grondine
I only understand about a quarter of your posts on this forum...and those are in English....now your posts are in Norwegian!! good grief
Yeah, I would love to see it with subtitles. Especially would like to understand the runic scholars objections to the inscription. Did not watch it all; too much in Norwegian. Would like to know if it picked Wolter apart or gave him any credence at all.

Wolter's final words in the film: "Going down the academic road isn't going to work. So now it's strictly a marketing campaign." When did Wolter go down the academic road? Did I miss that part of his research?
uniface

Post by uniface »

In light of the longstanding pattern (i.e., that those contentions which initially provoke the most hysterical gibbering by the greatest number of scholars/fanboys and at which the greatest quantities of poo are flung generally turn out to eventually be seen as all but self-evidently true in principle. From heavier than air flight to continental drift to pre-Clovis people here. To demonstrable Viking presence in NA. "Debunking" is easy. You could "debunk" the Law of Gravity if you wanted to and understood how it worked.

The media that reports this stuff and the mafia that gate-keeps it both have jobs to do : the creation and maintinence of "public opinion."

Whoever controls the past controls the present. And via the present, the future.

Truth is too valuable a commodity to give away to all and sundry. :lol:
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

This is just a specific artifact. It isn't a general idea like pre-Clovis or the others mentioned. Nobody debunks the rock exists. Some have always felt it a fraud; some have always felt it genuine as in Medieval. In itself, that's not debunking; it's conflicting points of view, and both sides think they have the evidence to support their conclusions. It has to be the case that its find location invites immediate skepticism, and that find location has been a reason for some to reject it in a knee jerk fashion no doubt. But, where rigor is concerned, I had to laugh when it was touted by the principal that the U-Haul company believed the inscription was Viking. Well, what if I told him the chairman of McDonalds was not so convinced? :lol: :lol:
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

But, where rigor is concerned, I had to laugh when it was touted by the principal that the U-Haul company believed the inscription was Viking. Well, what if I told him the chairman of McDonalds was not so convinced?

LMAO!!!
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope