Beyond "Diffusionism"

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Beyond "Diffusionism"

Post by Minimalist »

I'm too simple for that stuff -- more like a dog. If I run into something that seems interesting, I'll sniff it. And sometimes (like with this) bark.

Dogs sniff a lot of shit, too.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi uni -

I think that you do not understand how spiritual thieves are viewed by the native community.

Frankly, given that this guy is passing himself as Apache when he is not, and the Apache people I've met, I am surprised he is still around, given that that link I shared with you was from 2005.

As far as skilled medical professionals experimenting with psychoactive factors with well informed patients is concerned, that is perfectly constitutional and within the patients rights.

Patients, whether terminal or not, have an absolute constitutional right to whatever tools they want to use to contend with their diseases.

That includes both marijuana and heroin.

I actually researched this back in the late 1970's, and had the results published by the Washington Post in the early 90's, not that it did much good then. The needless suffering between then and now weighs heavy and I try not to think about it.

As far as you "experimenting" with psychoactive factors for religious use, I will just state again that that is viewed as "amateur hour" or worse by the native community. As you have not been raised within a native community from infancy, it is not likely that you possess the mental tools for their use.

You may have noticed that none of the peoples living in the SW offer peyote "tourism".

There are other side effects besides heart attack, and you should not expect everyone else to bear their costs.

Finally, let me add that I am in favor of marijuana legalization for recreational use, and I really do not like to see medical use abused.

But I want to charge $20 a small joint of old commercial grade, about the price of 3 or 4 stiff drinks. Colorado raised $8 billion the first day, and such a policy would solve Illinois fiscal problems overnight. Get a job, hippy.
uniface

Post by uniface »

Dogs sniff a lot of shit, too.
You could always quit posting so much of it.

That way I wouldn't have to. :lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

Chris Rock has more credibility than you.
This is a good state of affairs. Because your "credibility" baseline is people like you. Being out of step with your parade is a good and healthy thing. It's not conclusive in and of itself, but a good omen. Because all people like you can do is sneer at anything that doesn't fit their notions. This includes, IMO, a lot of reality.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

When you fall for every line of shit some crackpot puts out, uni, you do tend to lose credibility.

I know you think the whole world is one big conspiracy to make your life miserable but I require evidence. It seems to me that you can do a fair job making yourself miserable.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

:lol: