Truly humongous megaliths in Russia

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Truly humongous megaliths in Russia

Post by Minimalist »

Schoch made some interesting observations about the age of the sphinx based on geology which few Egyptologists seem to know anything about.

This photo

shows the result of rain water eroding the limestone enclosure wall and Schoch's point was that in order to get that much rainfall you had to go back to the neolithic sub-pluvial

http://www.wtvy.com/weather/headlines/103531209.html
The Neolithic Subpluvial — sometimes called the Holocene Wet Phase — was an extended period (from about 7,500-7,000 BC to about 3,500-3,000 BC) of wet and rainy conditions in the climate history of northern Africa. It was both preceded and followed by much drier periods.
Obviously, even the latest terminus ad quem is far too early for Khafre.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

What you see as "Aplomb " only tells us more about how you read ,not what is present and does not cover the fact that you got it wrong ,again . It is perfectly clear I didn't suggest anything like what you read into what I had written . I do know what I’m talking about ,that is why I can point out your errors ,supported with evidence .
On the evidence of what you have said you don’t know what your’e talking about ,as your comments have been shown to be wrong and you have failed to provide any evidence to support any of your claims .

Not an error , but as an example of your confusion you said “you apparently know Malta well,” . I never suggested or said that , I was pointing out your errors in relation to Hagar Qim , you imagined the rest . Next post you said about the same subject “You're only quoting Wikipedia “ make your mind up , do I know it well or am I quoting wiki ? it’s worse , both are wrong . Note , there is no mention of Houel ,or that globigerina is much softer than coralline limestone or the presence of the sand in wiki , and even if there were it can’t help pointing out the facts ,something you prefer to avoid .

The sources are available to you too , you said “you can’t wait “ if only you would read/look at them ,then you might not make so many mistakes .

Toeing the party line is the alt. crowds euphemism for using evidence to support contentions ,something that is always absent from their claims . You are toeing the alt crowd line i.e. failing to produce evidence and avoiding that which is contrary to your evidence free beliefs .
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Lily wrote:
Tiompan wrote:The sources are available to you too , you said “you can’t wait “ if only you would read/look at them ,then you might not make so many mistakes.
Right, so what's keeping you from referencing those sources and/or posting links to them?
I have already told you what some of the sources are e.g. the excavtion reports , the Houle drawings , there is also a huge amount on Maltese archaeology .
If you are incpable of finding the excavation reports , I can proovide the detail . Clue , try the web , even wiki .
The general archaeological is too big , but same applies as above .
What you will find is that the Hagar Qim was not built in the " middle to late Pleistocen " and there iwas no shortage of sand in it's immeduate area pre -excavation .
If you can provide anything that is contrary to that , please do , but I doubt you will .
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Again , you are incapable of understanding simple English .
Your big mouth got you into trouble , again , and you have failed to provide the evidence to support your claims ,again .

I have pointed out where you were wrong and told where to look for the answers . I also mentioned that if you are incapbale of doing that , ask, and I'll spoon feed you .
All you have to do is ask .
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Lily wrote:
Tiompan wrote:Again , you are incapable of understanding simple English.
:lol: Says he who conveniently avoided answering 3 times...
No surprise: big mouth, no substance.
I'm finished with you.

You asked for evidence foryour errors related to the russian "megaliths " you got them and failed to produce anything that supported your big mouth claim .
You have failed to to provide anything to support your claims about Hagar Qim being Paleolithic and not being covered in sand erior to the first excavation .
You have failed to look at the evidence or are incapable of doing so and couldn't even ask for the specific refs as you knew I would provide them and then you would have nowhere to run to ,apart from getting personal .

Clues, read any non pseudo archaeology book on Malta and you will discover the earliest dates from the isalnd , they are a very long way from the Pleistocene .There is not one reputable specilist who will suggest a Palelithic date for any of the temples and there certainly no evidence for that .
Look at Jean Houel drawing of 1787 of Hagar Qim desribed by Katya Stroud in " Cult in Context ed by Caroline Malone " as His illustartions of Ggantija nad hagr Qim provide us with unique opporrtunity of seeing thee sites ,depicting what the remains actually looked like at the time. Houel's palte of Hagar Qim is invaluable in this respect as it shows us the depth to which the site was buried before it's excavation in the 19t h C "
I realise it's a waste of my time giving you this detail as it you will ignore it , as most alt. loud mouths do ,who think they have "studied " something , and continually fail to to provide anything to support their claims .

Of course your'e finished ,you never started , not one iota of evidence to support to your fantasies .
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Lily wrote:
Minimalist wrote:Schoch made some interesting observations about the age of the sphinx based on geology which few Egyptologists seem to know anything about.

This photo

I don't see that photo...

"The page you are looking for cannot be found"
Minimalist wrote:Schoch made some interesting observations about the age of the sphinx based on geology which few Egyptologists seem to know anything about.
...and most 'Egyptologists" do their damnedest to ignore.

Okay....that is like really weird because when you quoted it, the picture is still there in the quote. It's a .jpg. If you can't see that you couldn't see much of anything. I, however, am not enough of a techno-geek to understand why someone can't see one photo out of thousands.

What happens if you just take the link without the tags?

http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_3b.jpg
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

More spoon feeding for the large mouth that can’t do a simple search .

Among the countless easily accessed mentions on the web for the earliest RC dating on the Malta .
“Current evidence for the archipelago establishes human occupation on the islands
at about 7200 years ago, (Blouet, 2007).”

“ Deposits at its base contained material from the first known human occupation of the island, the Għar Dalam phase, including charcoal, which carbon analysis dated to 4850 BC. “

More mentions of how the Hgar Qim was covered in sand .
In “Recent further excavations of the Megalithic Antiquities of Hagiar-Kim, Malta executed in the year 1885.” The writer and excavator Dr. Caruana talking of the monument says “drifting soil was accumulated up to the height of seven or eight feet, . . leaving only the tops of the taller stones visible. From “Description of an ancient Temple near Crendi, Malta. In a Letter from J. G. Vance,

“So they were entombed at the time of Comm. Abela [the Maltese historian]
in 1642, and up to the time of their discovery in 1827 and 1839. Several
of the stones have since been carted away, even recently, for walling up
the terraces of newly cultivated lands. “

“The remains of Ha gar Qim were never completely buried
after they fell into disuse. They were first mentioned in
print in 1647 (Abela 1647) and were also depicted in an
engraving in the 1780s (Houel 1787). This engraving and
accompanying description clearly show that while the
majority of the site was buried, the top parts of the taller
megaliths remained visible “ John Cassar et al in “Shelters over the Megalithic Temples of Malta: debate, design and implementation “

That should finish off the closing of the mouth ceremony .
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

The vid is wide ranging and some of the examples are recognisable as being from Russia .
The humungous stuff and the most obvious are the Gornaya Shoria examples , these are natural and similar examples are found wherever you find granite .
The Champ Island examples are almost certainly concretions .

The rectangular block which appears twice could nave been dressed by humans , but it could also have been done at any time anywhere , odd that there isn't a view of the entire block .
The first pic is simply a few blocks of possibly dressed stone , could have been done at any time and not difficult
The third pic of a possible stone "man " /pillar could be man made , again it could date from any time and would hardly be difficult to construct .
The fifth pic , more average sized , possibly dressed stones , could date from any time and not difficult to produce .
None of these are humungous ,or "Eclipsing all other known megaliths in size and weight: ".Even the use of the term megalith is over egging it as we don't have any idea for their date .
The sixth pic is a bit more interesting size wise , where is from ? when was the possible build date ? what is the context ?Without that info it's just another short stretch of wall that might have been built at any time .
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

FYI , as you clearly are confused ,we all know what megalith means but used in the context you did , you were obviously unaware that it has connotations other than it's obvious meaning .
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MegalithThen look for monolith , contrast and compare .
megalith doe suggest that it is older than some x or ys .
The underwhelming examples you provided from the vid are monoliths until we know when if if they were dressed /erected .
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

It has already been shown to you how you misunderstood the natural stuff for being man made and probabaly believed it prehistoric to boot .
Lots of evidence showing the natural formations that resemble the "humungous megaliths " or the even more embarrassing
“In fact it looks like Tihuanaku and Puma Punku were modelled after those Russian megaliths' technology,” .
This contrasts with your lack of any evidence to support anything about the
putative age of the natural humungous examples or underwhelming possibly man made examples .
That is where the bias and gullibility , is found .

btw 5th pic for a natural example of a pillar like the stone man /pillar you provided .
http://www.123rf.com/stock-photo/basalt ... llars.html
Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

For a number of years I lived near to what certain explorers and others confidently assured everyone were "ruined castles". The fact that they were in a virtual desert and the native peoples were neolithic nomads didn't phase anyone.