ALL Fakes ?

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Frank Harrist

Re: ALL Fakes ?

Post by Frank Harrist »

Man, that pretty much covers everything weird that has ever been found. (Or does it?)
uniface

Post by uniface »

Probably scratches the surface, at least. Back around 1966 I got to hold a fossilised Australopithicine cranium that had come out of a coal mine in western Virginia. I've read of several more since.
Charles Fort wrote:Reality is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Um......

http://archyfantasies.com/tag/debunking/
Dr. Hammer’s statement pretty much concludes this whole thing. The one and only official researcher who is mentioned as having studied the Disk tells us it is a fake.

So let’s take that closer look at Mr. Klaus Dona.

Mr. Dona appears to be based out of Austria and calls himself a Spiritual Archaeologist. I’m not sure what that means, but I’m pretty skeptical it’s a real sub-field of archaeology. Mr. Dona’s website is Unsolved Mysteries, where he sells some books, has some more extensive explanations of the Genetic Disk and other artifacts. In his explanation for the Disk he says “Geologists at the University of Bogotá date it to a prehistoric epoch. The most recent examinations were unable to find evidence of faking.” Except for the researchers at Natural History Museum in Vienna telling him they were fakes and also the fact that Geologists aren’t going to be able to date an artifact, also I notice he’s stopped giving the names of his researchers.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

Remedial Ed Newsbreak :

Isaac Newton spent the great majority of his life immersed in studying the Book of Daniel.

Did that make him someone not-to-be-listened-to about the math stuff ?

Your posts on a lot of topics are classic, missionary position Doublethink :
George Orwell wrote:To know and to not know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy is impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy. To forget, whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself.
You do that every time you appeal to the scientific method, but then short-circuit it by wanting ideas you don't like dismissed in advance from consideration using it. Because the guys who proposed them are (_____________) (insert pejoratives of choice).
Neitzsche wrote:Human. All too human.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Did that make him someone not-to-be-listened-to about the math stuff ?
He should have stuck to math.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

Always in the judgement seat

And never on top of the information involved

Habitually trying to turn substantive questions with factual bottom lines into appeals to emotion

You're ready for a career in politics.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

He was quite the jack of all trades.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

Wasn't Newton more a physicist than a mathematician?
He and Leibnitz (independent rivals) more or less cobbled up Calculus.