Old Vermont

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Re: Old Vermont

Post by circumspice »

Off your meds again Tony?
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Cognito

Post by Cognito »

... it is my belief that the first people to arrive in the "new world" were on a mission to find survivors from a great cataclysm that had incinerated and sterilized the entire north American continent approx. 13kya [YDB]
[...and was the result of the Moon impacting the Mediterranean sea...]
Contradiction in terms; how can the first people to arrive be looking for survivors? By definition, the survivors would be the first people.

Regardless, if the entire North American continent was incinerated, why go there? Altruism? How did they know North America was incinerated? Internet? Besides, wouldn't your rescue mission originate from the Mediterranean area? Yet, the moon "impacted" that area at the same time? Just for fun, calculate the physical forces resulting from a moon impact ... it's called a total extinction event ... nothing left ... nothing.

You can't be serious ... :roll:
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

Cognito wrote:
... it is my belief that the first people to arrive in the "new world" were on a mission to find survivors from a great cataclysm that had incinerated and sterilized the entire north American continent approx. 13kya [YDB]
[...and was the result of the Moon impacting the Mediterranean sea...]
Contradiction in terms; how can the first people to arrive be looking for survivors? By definition, the survivors would be the first people.

Regardless, if the entire North American continent was incinerated, why go there? Altruism? How did they know North America was incinerated? Internet? Besides, wouldn't your rescue mission originate from the Mediterranean area? Yet, the moon "impacted" that area at the same time? Just for fun, calculate the physical forces resulting from a moon impact ... it's called a total extinction event ... nothing left ... nothing.

You can't be serious ... :roll:
All I can tell you is to study every single detail. Please go over everything I have posted...
Yes, IF there were any survivors... They [the giants] were the first people after the YDB. [Surely you can understand that] if impact spherules covered over four continents and contained nanodiamonds that form at temps above 2200*C that such an extreme amount of heat would have instantly wiped out any form of life?

Do you see where I have discussed the formation of the Devil's tower and all the other mounainous anomalies throughout the southwest U.S.? The top of Devil's tower, along with all the plateaus is where the Moon scraped at the surface. So, when I say the rock "fell from the sky out of the ejecta blanket" for this moment, there really was no sky, as the Moon had "curled" the entire plate upward and the electrical discharge along with the Moon's much harder iron surface scraped along the tops of the molten rock, flattening the tops of all these structures. This was the formation process for all these features and is the explanation for why the tops are so perfectly flat...

I will continue to ask for any other logical explanation. As you continue to believe in phaulty fysics and skewed dating processes, go ahead and add in all the tangible evidence. Look at the satellite views, study the geography, impactites, historical accounts,... Understand there are pyramids, that were built on top of Chicxulub, buried beneath limestone. This same limestone is what formed the Ozarks and was ejected from beneath the Mediterranean sea...

It really is quite simple, once this has been looked at from this angle. Where else would all this limestone have come from?
[...and so, these, [very intelligent and highly advanced, beyond our current knowledge,] people went out to find the loved ones they knew..., why, what would you do?...]
Last edited by Kalopin on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Yup! Tony's off his meds again.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

kbs2244 wrote:The problem I have with this is that none of the tribes described in historical (white) accounts tell of the "natives" building with stone.

At the most huts built with tree saplings, not even heavy logs.
Nothing meant to stay around very long.
And yet during the Archaic Era, at the Flagg Swamp Rock Shelter, in Marlborough, Ma., the natives fashioned a well built stone wall:

https://www.sec.state.ma.us/mhc/mhcarch ... REPORT.pdf

And what about Queen's Fort, in Exeter, RI, which colonial authorities believed to be built by one "Stonewall John" of the Narragansett about the time of King Philip's War(1675-76 in southern New England)? It has a Winter Solstice sunset alignment, and may predate the war. It is still there to visit. Stone walls with "bastions" at the corners. The English did not discover this stone built "fortification"( or was it a ceremonial complex?) until after the war. Furthermore, the Narragansett were recognized as the best stonemasons in southern New England. To this day, the best stone masons in RI are men of Narragansett descent. Now, this skill was recognized by Roger Williams and others quite early. The Narragansett did not learn stone masonry from the English, I can assure you. The Narragansett had a well earned reputation for building in stone according to historical accounts from the 1600's. So, your statement above is simply not accurate.

There are many hilltop stone "fortifications" in the southeastern states. Here in Rhode Island, there is no doubt, among the present Narragansett, or among historians or archaeologists, that the stone built hilltop complex known as Queen's Fort was built by the Narragansett. The only question is to what period of time does it truly date.....

Elsewhere on the web I provided info and photos of Queen's Fort:

http://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/gene ... stone-hing
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I was not aware of the Narragansett reputation for stone work.
But the stone work through out the Southeast and Ohio River Valley suggest they either traveled very far and wide and long as hired craftsmen, or they learned the skill for local use from a culture that was wide spread and pre-dated them.

The whites of the 1600's could only write about what they saw and were told.
As time went on they learned to take what they were told with a grain of salt.
(Just how long is as "many moons?")