A Bad Day for Younger Dryas Impact Theory

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Re: A Bad Day for Younger Dryas Impact Theory

Post by circumspice »

[quote]
"The Dunning-Kruger effect, named after David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University, occurs where people fail to adequately assess their level of competence — or specifically, their incompetence — at a task and thus consider themselves much more competent than everyone else. This lack of awareness is attributed to their lower level of competence robbing them of the ability to critically analyse their performance, leading to a significant overestimate of themselves.
In simple words it's "people who are too stupid to know how stupid they are".
shawomet 265 10 Jul 2012, 10:14
[\quote]

Hear, hear!!! Well said! :lol:

Tony needs the concept explained to him in simple, one syllable words... But don't expect him to accept your diagnosis, he's in denial. Maybe if he went back on his meds?...
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

How many nano-diamonds can dance on the head of a pin?

It is very difficult to isolate impactites in samples.
Years ago, I asked for some to sell and had the process described in detail.
Daulton has done this before, and been reamed for it.

But here is exactly what happened, with one impact structure shown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfn9XzC ... Ofte_O_Rhp
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

:D 2017! Happy New year! :D

2016- year in review? ...well, was still being ignored, rejected, marginalized, ...as the misinformation, lies, propaganda,... continued/s to dominate the mainstream and delude the masses to believe and exist in a false reality...
E.P. even of you convince the few, the false narratives command a much wider audience, though I am still unable to see how so many are convinced?
"people who are too stupid to know how stupid they are".
...like saying-
...For the second time in 10 years, Daulton has carefully reviewed the evidence...
...how smart to admit this one guy, twice, in a decade-baduh...and then make the statement-
Since nanodiamonds are the strongest piece of evidence for the impact hypothesis, their absence effectively discredits it.
...with such arrogance, to disregard all the other unexplained effects, the massive size of the strewn field, the geography, geology, history,...
...and for this one [or maybe two?] guy/s
Daulton
...against-
James H. Wittke,a James C. Weaver,b Ted E. Bunch,a,1 James P. Kennett,c Douglas J. Kennett,d Andrew M. T. Moore,e Gordon C. Hillman,f Kenneth B. Tankersley,g Albert C. Goodyear,h Christopher R. Moore,i I. Randolph Daniel, Jr.,j Jack H. Ray,k Neal H. Lopinot,k David Ferraro,l Isabel Israde-Alcántara,m James L. Bischoff,n Paul S. DeCarli,o Robert E. Hermes,p,2 Johan B. Kloosterman,q,2 Zsolt Revay,r George A. Howard,s David R. Kimbel,t Gunther Kletetschka,u Ladislav Nabelek,u,v Carl P. Lipo,w Sachiko Sakai,w Allen West,x and Richard B. Firestone,y
...yea, right- ...to be able to carry so much weight, to get so much attention, as if it were bait and we're fish,...to consider this and to know that so little attention has been given to the actual science is, I must admit, a little more than disconcerting...
Hmmm. My first degree, many decades ago now, was in geology,
...much of what you were taught was all based on someone's belief. Tell me- what was the proof? ...and
something known as the "geological sciences" actually exist and can answer that which you find so compellingly mysterious. But, that probably won't cut it in this instance.
...no, this won't "cut it", as I have explained on several occasion now, even the expert geologists/seismologists... are unable to come up with any of the processes to form the aforementioned structures, as it is all still up for debate...and so, this is what I have been asking you to do- study closely all the "geological sciences" and see the conclusions thus far "...still under debate...","...have yet to come to a consensus..."."...remains elusive..."...and compare this with these findings. [Because, as soon as the pyramids were found deep down in the caves, there should have been a big rethink!...]
[You see, the thinking was primitive, superstitious,... "...It must have come up from the ground?...Where else?...the sky?..." but it actually did come from the sky... ]
Nanodiamonds, it bears emphasizing, are tiny — smaller than bacteria. Impact supporters often claim to find them inside small spheres of carbon, and those spheres are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.

Even so, how is it possible for some scientists to find diamonds in samples and others to find none?
[$yes, how indeed$;-]

[...maybe there will be a revolution in evolution...;-]
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You seem to have a great deal of trouble comprehending that no one takes your blather seriously.

Perhaps some professional therapy is in order?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Minimalist wrote:You seem to have a great deal of trouble comprehending that no one takes your blather seriously.

Perhaps some professional therapy is in order?
min... Tony is the chicken little Messiah... Only he knows the real truth, only he can reveal that truth...
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Kinda like this putz?

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

He died a while back min. So the world did kinda, sorta end... for him... I'd probably die of embarrassment if my middle name were Egbert... *shudder*

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Personally, Circ, I find it astonishing that with the track record of these doomsday prophets there are still morons out there who listen to them.

But then, I'm astonished that anyone would vote for Trump, too.

-- George Carlin
Cognito

Post by Cognito »

Personally, Circ, I find it astonishing that with the track record of these doomsday prophets there are still morons out there who listen to them.
But then, I'm astonished that anyone would vote for Trump, too.
"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity", Robert A. Heinlein
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Aye. True that.

-- George Carlin
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

"...Cognito » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:24 pm
No Follow up?
Postby circumspice » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:40 pm
"What happened? This study made a big splash in July 2015 then promptly dropped into a black hole... "

An anomalous genetic population in South America closely matching Australasians does not match this predominant paradigm: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 123655.htm

From Altai article: "Among the people who may have emerged from the Altai region are the predecessors of the first Native Americans. Roughly 20-25,000 years ago, these prehistoric humans carried their Asian genetic lineages up into the far reaches of Siberia and eventually across the then-exposed Bering land mass into the Americas."

Since the Australasians didn't pass through the Beringea corridor they apparently arrived by boat in South America (BTW on currents that run east at that latitude). Can't have that, Spice! :shock:..."
[...you all gettin' this yet?...]
one syllable words...
I'd probably die of embarrassment if my middle name were...cir cum spice ;-]
"...these doomsday prophets..."
...what the...?
...sorry, I missed where the conversation went from explaining an event which had occurred in the past to predicting a similar event in the future? Though I am sure you all understand the importance in understanding what had actually occurred?, I mean, in order to better understand and to maybe be able to mitigate such an occurrence in the future?...
[...maybe not a question of "when?" or "if?" but an explanation of "how"?]

...and so this leads back to what is happening within the state of our current [so-called] "academia"... [...much of what is believed to be science has become more of a religion...] It has been the intention to suppress to the general public the knowledge of our past, the technologies of our ancestors and the catastrophes which occurred... Maybe you can imagine what the may fear would happen?
[...victims of purposeful lies...]
[I promise you all-,] if you keep searching through the evidence, you will find that Pangaea was intact during the era of the Pleistocene, and that the Moon broke apart this super-continent, caused mass extinctions, reduced the size and lifespan of every living creature-caused devolution, [YDB]... [...and is what we are currently in the process of recovering from-[until another?;-]...]...
"... does not match this predominant paradigm:..."!
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Kalopin wrote:
"...Cognito » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:24 pm
No Follow up?
Postby circumspice » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:40 pm
"What happened? This study made a big splash in July 2015 then promptly dropped into a black hole... "

An anomalous genetic population in South America closely matching Australasians does not match this predominant paradigm: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 123655.htm

From Altai article: "Among the people who may have emerged from the Altai region are the predecessors of the first Native Americans. Roughly 20-25,000 years ago, these prehistoric humans carried their Asian genetic lineages up into the far reaches of Siberia and eventually across the then-exposed Bering land mass into the Americas."

Since the Australasians didn't pass through the Beringea corridor they apparently arrived by boat in South America (BTW on currents that run east at that latitude). Can't have that, Spice! :shock:..."
[...you all gettin' this yet?...]
one syllable words...
I'd probably die of embarrassment if my middle name were...cir cum spice ;-]
"...these doomsday prophets..."
...what the...?
...sorry, I missed where the conversation went from explaining an event which had occurred in the past to predicting a similar event in the future? Though I am sure you all understand the importance in understanding what had actually occurred?, I mean, in order to better understand and to maybe be able to mitigate such an occurrence in the future?...
[...maybe not a question of "when?" or "if?" but an explanation of "how"?]

...and so this leads back to what is happening within the state of our current [so-called] "academia"... [...much of what is believed to be science has become more of a religion...] It has been the intention to suppress to the general public the knowledge of our past, the technologies of our ancestors and the catastrophes which occurred... Maybe you can imagine what the may fear would happen?
[...victims of purposeful lies...]
[I promise you all-,] if you keep searching through the evidence, you will find that Pangaea was intact during the era of the Pleistocene, and that the Moon broke apart this super-continent, caused mass extinctions, reduced the size and lifespan of every living creature-caused devolution, [YDB]... [...and is what we are currently in the process of recovering from-[until another?;-]...]...
"... does not match this predominant paradigm:..."!

Hey Tony... dipshit extraordinaire...

Go seek immediate mental health care. With the proper meds & psychiatric therapy you should be able to overcome your delusions of grandeur & your Messiah complex, along with your annoying paranoia. Stop pissing on the walls of this forum to promote your insane delusions. You've had more forbearance from the members of this forum than you have encountered on any other forum, reputable or fringe. You've received more than a fair hearing here. The ceaseless reiteration of your psychotic ramblings is a waste of forum space & an unforgivable waste of the time of the readers of this forum.

You've stated your case. Now's the time to shut your piehole.

Cognito

Post by Cognito »

[I promise you all-,] if you keep searching through the evidence, you will find that Pangaea was intact during the era of the Pleistocene, and that the Moon broke apart this super-continent, caused mass extinctions, reduced the size and lifespan of every living creature-caused devolution, [YDB]...
Tony, while assessing Spice's recommendations you might also consider taking a few courses in celestial mechanics to determine the mega-forces that would come to bear from a Moon impact, or even near miss. Those forces would create a TOTAL EXTINCTION EVENT and we wouldn't be here.

Seriously, work on returning your BS Meter to somewhere near normal. :roll:

Natural selection favors the paranoid
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

He doesn't deal in facts, Cogs. This one has his own reality.

-- George Carlin
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.