"Earth's worst mass extinction..."?

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Tiompan

Re: "Earth's worst mass extinction..."?

Post by Tiompan »

The statues are not evidence that the islands were inhabited in the Pleistocene .
Forget the what if's , maybe's and fantasies, we have evidence .
All the evidence points to the statues being raised approx 1100–1680 AD .
There is simply no evidence for a human presence on the island earlier than 1300 AD .

I know how batteries work .

Could you answer the question ?
What energy are you talking about in “it is possible these stones were absorbing the energy the earth produces, "?
Regardless ,if the stones were absorbing energy , then so are all the other stones that were not erected , and also all the stones that were erected but clearly not for that purpose ,i.e. so what ?
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

Tiompan wrote:The statues are not evidence that the islands were inhabited in the Pleistocene .
Forget the what if's , maybe's and fantasies, we have evidence .
All the evidence points to the statues being raised approx 1100–1680 AD .
There is simply no evidence for a human presence on the island earlier than 1300 AD .

I know how batteries work .

Could you answer the question ?
What energy are you talking about in “it is possible these stones were absorbing the energy the earth produces, "?
Regardless ,if the stones were absorbing energy , then so are all the other stones that were not erected , and also all the stones that were erected but clearly not for that purpose ,i.e. so what ?

What evidence says the statues were "raised 1100-1680"?
What buried the stones?
Why are they scattered?
There is a marker, at approx.13kya, where monolithic structures ceased and much smaller stones became the norm.
Did you find any historical accounts of the Rapanui burying the stones?
How did they say they moved them?

Habitable worlds are generators, producing massive amounts of energy, that can easily be harnessed... Currently geothermal from volcanoes is being used in places like Iceland, running water pipes, creating steam... There are many concepts for the use of telegeodynamics [see mechanical oscillator...] but this one uses the naturally occurring acids and bases found in volcanoes to produce electricity... Different type stone carries dissimilar metals, in a solution of sulphuric acid, creates charged particles, friction and pressure release sprites collected by these natural capacitors and is stored and released through transformers and inverters as needed [see Tesla's Wardenclyffe tower, a concept to collect the planet's static discharge...] This is now in the process of finding re-discovery- https://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/201 ... 2015_o.pdf ...and will soon be the norm [once again;-]

Does this answer the question?
Do you see how earthquake lights are produced?
Do you see how much electricity is released during an eruption?
Do you really believe people would carve out over nine hundred massive stones just to worship?
Do you really believe people would build such massive pyramids, temples, obelisks,... just for a cemetery?
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/996220- ... ectricity/
http://www.soul-guidance.com/houseofthe ... #Phenomena [see- phenomena]

The more you delve into the evidence, the clearer it becomes- Ancient civilizations, during the Pleistocene, were, not only highly advanced,but lived much longer and grew much bigger, and were almost all wiped out when the Moon impacted 13kya...
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

You were given two papers to read . You either didn't read them or understand them .
You also failed to refute that evidence or provide anything to support your fantasies .

You have still haven't said what the energy that is being absorbed in relation “it is possible these stones were absorbing the energy the earth produces, "?
And why it doesn't matter when we consider if the stones were absorbing energy , then so are all the other stones that were not erected , and also all the stones that were erected but clearly not for that purpose ,i.e. so what ?

There is no evidence for any advanced civilisations in the Pleistocene .
The Epoch Times and web sites on the Osmanigic nonsense provide succour for the delusional .
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

Tiompan wrote:You were given two papers to read . You either didn't read them or understand them .
You also failed to refute that evidence or provide anything to support your fantasies .

You have still haven't said what the energy that is being absorbed in relation “it is possible these stones were absorbing the energy the earth produces, "?
And why it doesn't matter when we consider if the stones were absorbing energy , then so are all the other stones that were not erected , and also all the stones that were erected but clearly not for that purpose ,i.e. so what ?

There is no evidence for any advanced civilisations in the Pleistocene .
The Epoch Times and web sites on the Osmanigic nonsense provide succour for the delusional .
[...and still searching for someone/anyone to collaborate with...]
[money, money, money, money,...money...;-]
Your first link was to an abstract. When you read the entire text- http://science.sciencemag.org/content/3 ... cd06557c46
"...we obtained eight radiocarbon dates on wood charcoal samples (Table 1). We selected small wood charcoal specimens .."
"...Recently questions have arisen about the long chronology. In an analysis compiling over 120 radiocarbon dates for the island, Martinsson-Wallin and Crockford (15) (table S1) rejected the early Poike date and questioned the validity of dates from 400 to 800 A.D. These authors concluded that dates before 800 A.D. were unreliable, but they accepted radiocarbon ages from 800 to 1200 A.D. and concluded that colonization dated to the beginning of that period (15)..."
-as dating charcoal and sampling aggreagate is highly inaccurate-it does not work! ...and they even admit it...
I had quoted both links and had explained that they contradict each other, as you have stated-
"...and for an opposing view but not in the regions of fantasy see ..."
-as you even admit there may be inaccuracies... [...and the "fantasy" is yours...]

...and this would be the re-population of the island...
[sorry, but what you have wasted your time studying is known as re-re-re,search;-]

One of the biggest problems is- http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/ ... -our-minds
"Why Facts Don’t Change Our Minds
New discoveries about the human mind show the limitations of reason.
By Elizabeth Kolbert
"...Consider what’s become known as “confirmation bias,” the tendency people have to embrace information that supports their beliefs and reject information that contradicts them..."
"...the “illusion of explanatory depth,” just about everywhere. People believe that they know way more than they actually do. ..."
"...“One implication of the naturalness with which we divide cognitive labor,” they write, is that there’s “no sharp boundary between one person’s ideas and knowledge” and “those of other members” of the group..."
"...This is how a community of knowledge can become dangerous,.."
...in not investigating and accepting current beliefs, this will put all at risk, in not understanding reality...

...and yes, I have explained "what energy", as it is everywhere... Where do you think we get the materials to make the batteries, motors, capacitors, inverters,...? Every material is sourced from this planet and every bit is naturally occurring... The only problem is you have been taught that present-day technology is the only that ever existed anywhere, which is SO untrue, and so arrogant of those who would think this way...

[It's an infection?-] http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 49920.html
"...Virus that 'makes humans more stupid' discovered
A virus has been discovered that affects cognitive abilities in healthy people..."
Ben Tufft
"...A virus that infects human brains and makes us more stupid has been discovered, according to scientists in the US.
The algae virus, never before observed in healthy people, was found to affect cognitive functions including visual processing and spatial awareness..."
[-Stupiditidisiasis exists! ;-]

[...and, oh yea- "they" receive grant money!...]

...............................................................................................................................................................................
...now, or you gonna answer one of my questions?
Where's the evidence?
how 'bout- what buried the statues?
[why 13 basalt?V;-]
Last edited by Kalopin on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

All the evidence including the two papers mentioned points to the statues being raised approx 1100–1680 AD .
The disagreement between the two papers is minimal .
And as expected you have failed to provide anything to the contrary .

"and yes, I have explained "what energy", as it is everywhere."
You continue to evade the very simple question "What energy are you talking about in “it is possible these stones were absorbing the energy the earth produces, "?
By saying it is everywhere you haven't explained anything . How is measured ? Does it have a name ?

You have also evaded the point "Regardless ,if the stones were absorbing energy , then so are all the other stones that were not erected , and also all the stones that were erected but clearly not for that purpose ,i.e. so what ?"
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi Tiompan -

This paper on 14C dates is important:
http://islandheritage.org/wordpress/wp- ... n_Etal.pdf

Sometime in the 1400's there was a massive impact mega-tsunmi in the Pacific, known as "The Great Wall of Water".
I believe it may have led to the Inca's personal Pacific Ocean voyage.

Now that I have cleared up the comet impacts in North America,
(and you may want to work through the effects of those in the ancient near east),
I hope to move on to the Great Atlantic Impact Mega-tsunami and
The Sun of the Wind impact event.

Our exchange on Gobleki Tepe was very useful for me.
Since this guy has trouble with reality, why not spend you time discussing impacts with me instead?
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

[quote="E.P. Grondine"]Hi Tiompan -

This paper on 14C dates is important:
http://islandheritage.org/wordpress/wp- ... n_Etal.pdf

Hi EP ,
Yes it is an interesting paper , that's why I mentioned it a few days ago in " see http://science.sciencemag.org/content/311/5767/1603 and for an opposing view but not in the regions of fantasy see
http://islandheritage.org/wordpress/wp- ... n_Etal.pdf for dates ."

"Our exchange on Gobleki Tepe was very useful for me."

Glad to hear it .

"Since this guy has trouble with reality, why not spend you time discussing impacts with me instead ? "
My knowledge on impacts is just slightly above his , i.e. not worth talking about , so you won't get much more from me .
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

Tiompan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:50 pm
"All the evidence including the two papers mentioned points to the statues being raised approx 1100–1680 AD ..."
...once again- what evidence? They just make the statement.
"By saying it is everywhere you haven't explained anything . How is measured ? Does it have a name ?"
please see- https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... s-core-so/
"... The bottom line of these efforts is that there is a rather wide range of current estimates of the earth's core temperature. The "popular" estimates range from about 4,000 kelvins up to over 7,000 kelvins (about 7,000 to 12,000 degrees F).
If we knew the melting temperature of iron very precisely at high pressure, we could pin down the temperature of the Earth's core more precisely, because it is largely made up of molten iron. But until our experiments at high temperature and pressure become more precise, uncertainty in this fundamental property of our planet will persist."
[heat=energy=;-]
E.P. Grondine » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:51 pm"Sometime in the 1400's there was a massive impact mega-tsunmi in the Pacific, known as "The Great Wall of Water".
I believe it may have led to the Inca's personal Pacific Ocean voyage..."
Thanks, where can this be researched? I'm having trouble locating any information on this? [...another wild goose chase?;-]
[...and please do not post anything from Dallas Abbott, as she is a "quack"!]
...regardless, there is little/if any information available on how and why these statues came to be and in these positions...
...observations seem to give way to many theories. It appears the force was enough to scatter and push them at angles, as a massive mudslide, maybe from the volcano?, or a massive wave towering over the island...but it didn't knock them [all of them?] over...
Though it would seem the Rapanui would have some accounts?...or that such a disaster would have wiped them away?...

[Saying "what if...", "think about it this way...", "consider this...",...-means there is, more than likely, a much greater percentage of possibility...]
...deduction will conclude the Rapanui found the statues on the island after, what was a much greater cataclysm, to wipe out maybe anywhere from seventy to ninety percent of the life on this planet, and this occurred at the Younger Dryas boundary...

This evidence consists of geography, geology, archaeology, core samples, sedimentary layers, impactites, nanodiamonds, historical accounts, satellite views,.man-made structures buried globally,... and is overwhelming...
[now, what's your evidence for the Rapanui carving and moving the stones?;-]

[Are there components of a battery?]
Last edited by Kalopin on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

You didn't read or understand the papers . They didn't “just make a statement “ their analysis was empircally based , not fantasies .
You are the one who is simply "making a statement " albeit a fantastical one , and without any foundation /evidence .

“[heat=energy=;-] “
Lol , you are saying that the energy that you had such difficulty in describing and mentioned here in relation to megaliths “it is possible these stones were absorbing the energy the earth produces, "? was heat ?
If so ,apart from the hilarity of the unconscious humour , it explains why you also had great difficulty in responding to “Regardless ,if the stones were absorbing energy , then so are all the other stones that were not erected , and also all the stones that were erected but clearly not for that purpose ,i.e. so what ?
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

Tiompan wrote:You didn't read or understand the papers . They didn't “just make a statement “ their analysis was empircally based , not fantasies .
You are the one who is simply "making a statement " albeit a fantastical one , and without any foundation /evidence .

“[heat=energy=;-] “
Lol , you are saying that the energy that you had such difficulty in describing and mentioned here in relation to megaliths “it is possible these stones were absorbing the energy the earth produces, "? was heat ?
If so ,apart from the hilarity of the unconscious humour , it explains why you also had great difficulty in responding to “Regardless ,if the stones were absorbing energy , then so are all the other stones that were not erected , and also all the stones that were erected but clearly not for that purpose ,i.e. so what ?

"empircally based" on what? [b.s.?;-]
...the force that buried the statues would have [and did!] wiped the island clean...[period!]
Their observations are flawed... [and "fantastical"]
...my evidence is that your Rapanui culture is far too primitive, brought on by devolution, catastrophe, and that they do not know how the statues were carved or moved, unless you believe in "magic"?

How do you believe electricity is formed?
...it is the mixture of hot and cold that produces charged particles... The stones were strategically spaced, strong to weak, placed in sulphuric acid to form cells... set up as a battery...
[you have been taught a mistake...]
[I'll bet you believe that Benjamin Franklin discovered electricity!]

Here, please see- http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-bri ... nner-core/
"Magnetic traces suggest iron crystals in the innermost core are aligned east-west, rather than north-south..."
https://www.newscientist.com/article/21 ... he-mantle/
"...“The formation and release of overpressured water may be a significant trigger in the deep lithosphere for ultra-deep earthquakes,..."
[-lots of pressure...]
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 131505.htm
"...The Earth's core consists mostly of a huge ball of liquid metal lying at 3000 km beneath its surface, surrounded by a mantle of hot rock. Notably, at such great depths, both the core and mantle are subject to extremely high pressures and temperatures..."
[...producing massive amounts of electricity...and is what charges the magnetic field...and is what can easily be harnessed with technologies...]
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Again ,you are showing that didn't read or understand the papers .
If you had you wouldn't have to ask what the empirical findings were .
If you believe they were flawed, provide a critique . Saying something is wrong is not quite good enough in science , although it is in the fantasy alt sphere .
The Rapanui were only doing what others had done much earlier in carving and moving big stones .

Thanks for supply of unconscious humour , it just gets better .
That's another reason why I didn't want to see you booted off .
Sadly , there is no way your "bet" about Franklin can be confirmed , otherwise , you would have been out of pocket .
It took some time for your explanation of what the energy was in “it is possible these stones were absorbing the energy the earth produces, "?
Have you now realised that "heat " was maybe a bit daft and have decided to change that to "electricity " ?
But that is even funnier . Now we have the addition of stones "strategically spaced, strong to weak placed in sulphuric acid to form cells... set up as a battery."
And you are being serious , aren't you ?
Where do we start ?
Apart from the failure to understand basic electrodynamics , it might be a start to provide evidence for the stones being "strategically spaced " and them being "placed in sulphuric acid ".
If either of these suggestions had any truth it wouldn't be difficult to prove it .

Breath won't be held .

BTW did you come up with fantasy or is it from one of those saddo web sites ?
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Since Tony Hood/Kalopin is totally incapable of independent thought & completely dependent upon plagiarism for all his 'theories' I would venture a guess that he lifted all of his magnum opus from Internet saddo sites. His contribution to the plagiarized materials is his juvenile interpretation of other people's work & his frequent use of weird emojis... ya know?... ;]]]] :roll:

Oops! I got his distinctive emoji wrong...

Here tis: ;-]]] :lol:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

[...well, bless your hearts...;-]
...no, I missed it, why don't you post the "empirical evidence" here?

...and who here does not understand how heat creates electricity? [baduh]
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/new ... -from-heat
"...New generator creates electricity directly from heat..."
Dec 9, 2013
"...A new type of thermionic generator that turns heat or light into electrical energy has been developed by researchers in Germany and the US. The new design overcomes the "space-charge problem" that has plagued previous attempts at developing practical devices. The device is about four times more efficient than previous generators and the new technology could find use in a range of applications including solar power and the harvesting of waste heat.

Thermionic generators convert heat or light into an electric current by using the temperature difference between two metallic plates that are separated by a vacuum. The "hot" plate is heated either by incident light or thermal conduction and this causes electrons to evaporate from its surface. These electrons then condense on the surface of the cold plate. This creates a charge difference between the two plates, which can drive a usable electric current..."
...is it because these people think it is a new concept? lol
http://astro.temple.edu/~davatzes/Geoth ... nergy.html
"...So three sources of energy become immediately apparent: 1) kinetic energy, for instance where a person exerts force to move an object a distance; 2) potential energy, such as elastic energy stored in a stretched spring or rubber band, or gravitational energy stored in objects at that can fall from a height; 3) thermal energy, in the form of heat, for instance when we boil tea (or coffee depending on how tire we are). All three of these added up constitute the mechanical energy in a system..."
"...What is heat and how do we use it?: Heat production is one possible step towards getting an object moving so that it has kinetic energy. In order to understand how this is accomplished we need to know what heat is and what temperature measures. Heat, sometimes called thermal energy, is the motion of atoms and molecules, either vibrating or moving around so that they bump into each other. Temperature is a measurement of the average hotness or coldness of an object; a measure of how fast, on average, the atoms and molecules that comprise an object are vibrating or moving..."
...it's easy to understand...
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO8wL9 ... bIr_Osce0-
...magnets placed in a field frame [-an electromagnetic field], armature in motion-commutator-carbon- [-heat], collecting charged particles, [aligning the magnetic field to force electrons in line...] -sending this out through wire...
Volcanoes naturally produce electricity [and in massive amounts...]
http://volcano.oregonstate.edu/volcanic-lightning
"...n order for lightning to form there is one key component; a large charge separation between two masses. If the charge separation becomes big enough it is then able to overpower the air resistance, create a path of ionized air, and conduct electricity in the form of lightning. The ash that is to be erupted begins as electrostatically neutral rock or rock fragments. HEAT and movement within the volcano is thought to be the first source of particle charging, although the main process by which ash particles acquire a charge is friction. When an object (in this case ash) with a neutral charge comes in contact with another object with differring elctrostatic qualities, electrons can potentially flow and one of the objects can become charged relative to the other. Think of skidding your socked feet rapidly across the carpet or rubbing a ballon quickly against your head. The same type of charge is accumulating within the ash cloud, only on a much larger scale..."
...it's in the rock! ...the energy, electricity, charged particles, heat, friction, produce a short of ions-walla- lightning=electricity, and now hold it in the rock for use...
[...as it may help to be an electrical engineer, it's not necessarily incomprehensible to suggest that anyone that would further investigate would understand such concepts?...-in other words- this should have been self-explanatory...;-]

...so what did the Rapanui "carve" with? [hammer and chisel?;-]]]]]]]
yea, just like this- https://youtu.be/8j9uHyDSH0s "Serapeum"-"Giant Underground Stone Boxes Near The Pyramids In Egypt"
[yea-right...]

please further investigate- http://home.earthlink.net/~drestinblack/generator.htm
"TESLA'S STATEMENTS-

"...In The Brooklyn Eagle, Tesla announced, on July 10th, 1931, that "I have harnessed the cosmic rays and caused them to operate a motive device." Later on in the same article he said that "More than 25 years ago I began my efforts to harness the cosmic rays and I can now state that I have succeeded." In 1933, he made the same assertion in an article for the New York American, November 1st, under the lead in "Device to Harness Cosmic Energy Claimed by Tesla." Here he said:

This new power for the driving of the world's machinery will be derived from the energy which operates the universe, the cosmic energy, whose central source for the earth is the sun and which is everywhere present in unlimited quantities..."
[...Tesla learned a lot at Teotihuacan...]
This is ancient technology...
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

The empirical evidence was posted here a while ago , it is obvious that you didn't read or understand the links .

Empirical evidence is not something that you can provide , that's why the breath wasn't being held .
Here it is again " it might be a start to provide evidence for the stones being "strategically spaced " and them being "placed in sulphuric acid ".
If either of these suggestions had any truth it wouldn't be difficult to prove it .
"
The engravings were done with stone toki . Again , even more elaborate engravings were done millenia before the discovery of metals .

Still no answer to whether you come up with the fantasies or get them from the saddo sites .
Is Circumspice right ? If so , do tell us the source .