Old Testamenr text sources

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

E.P. Grondine

Old Testamenr text sources

Post by E.P. Grondine »

As it's been quiet here, this should get min going:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/researche ... existence/

:twisted:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Old Testamenr text sources

Post by Minimalist »

No, he's honest, E.P.

"He does note in a PowerPoint presentation, however, that verifications of biblical names do not guarantee verifications of biblical events involving these individuals."

Robert E Lee or Jefferson Davis being referenced in Gone With The Wind does not make Scarlett O'Hara real.

But thanks for playing.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

"Robert E Lee or Jefferson Davis being referenced in Gone With The Wind does not make Scarlett O'Hara real."

Except that these are legal, even government, documents that were intended to be archived.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

<yawn> You're easily impressed, KB.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

By fiction vs, gov documents?
It is a no contest.
Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

"Government documents" are not to be taken at face value. And the Times of Israel has a pretty strong and clear agenda.
The actual method quoted is self-evidently ridiculous as has been shown.
Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

"This is a good case, illustrating how external sources show that sometimes the Bible gets part of what happened right, and part wrong.”
Really, wow, Like talking bushes and angels on ladders? Not real? Would any real newspaper of record publish such idiotic comments.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Mykytiuk’s oldest verification is another sovereign — King David himself, from 1000 BCE. He found a match between the protagonist of Samuel I and the “House of David” wall inscription at the Tel Dan excavations in northern Israel.

He should read George Athas' The Tel Dan Stele. Of course, maybe he does not want to read it?

-- George Carlin
Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

He should stop desecrating Israeli archaeology with his silly fantasies. The Tell Dan stele is practically worthless as its authenticity is disputed much less what it actually says.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

" Would any real newspaper of record publish such idiotic comments."

Have you read the front page of the New York Times lately?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Right. I forgot you are a trumptard. That explains much.

-- George Carlin
Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

kbs2244 wrote:" Would any real newspaper of record publish such idiotic comments."

Have you read the front page of the New York Times lately?
Reasonably recently and despite the scandals of the Iraq War reporting and the false journalism of the 2000s, it has pretty much restored its reputation. It is a paper of record.

I don't recall it following an ideological line in its reporting of archaeology - though one does wonder how evidence for slavery in the establishment of NY was so effectively written out of the equation for so long.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

" trumptard"??
I didn't vote for him.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

That's hard to accept. He was the biggest asshole running. Your type.

-- George Carlin