What inspire you to study Classics & Ancient History degree?

Post your tips and helper files here! Uploading, researching information, grant writing, you name it. If it will help someone or if you have a question, here's the place to post.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Josip199

What inspire you to study Classics & Ancient History degree?

Post by Josip199 »

I suppose it was just my natural questioning instinct. I was always aware of this quite abstract and broad term of “Romans” or “Greeks”, but had never really gone beyond that vague label. I wanted to know 'who are these mysterious cultures, and why are they relevant to me?' What I have found is that these topics are as enigmatic as they are interesting.

The very foundations of so many modern concepts lie in these cultures, but what make it more thrilling and beautiful are those concepts which are now alien to us, like the religious systems, the slavery, the unashamed debauchery. I have a thirst for knowing, and so what better project to fill my time than a field where so much is translucent and still up for debate.
MichelleH
Site Admin

Re: What inspire you to study Classics & Ancient History deg

Post by MichelleH »

At first it was the exposure by my mother. Then it was the more I looked the more I saw, i.e. history repeating itself, the fall of 'empires', the dumbing down of society by religion. I do not make the last claim lightly. As a student of theology, symbolism and being 'blessed and baptized' as a Mormon, I come from a place where I want my science.
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.