Meteor

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Simon21

Re: Meteor

Post by Simon21 »

Minimalist wrote:Absofuckinglutely nothing.

In fact, I don't know much about golf period.

It comes from Scotland, like kilts and bagpipes, and that is all one needs to know.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

"Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose."

-- Winston Churchill
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

You are in AZ and do not play golf?
Isn't that illegal?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I'm sure the country club republicunts would love to make it a law but they can't seem to get it enacted.

Golf is dying here the same way it is dying everywhere else. I think Trump gave it a bad name.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

kbs2244 wrote:You are in AZ and do not play golf?
Isn't that illegal?
I would have thought it necessary to call the police.
Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

Minimalist wrote:I'm sure the country club republicunts would love to make it a law but they can't seem to get it enacted.

Golf is dying here the same way it is dying everywhere else. I think Trump gave it a bad name.
Personally I thought it had died when Tiger Woods agreed to use recordings of his dead father to sell products.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Simon21 wrote:
Isn't that illegal?

The cops only come out to shoot minorities, here.

-- George Carlin
Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

Minimalist wrote:
Simon21 wrote:
Isn't that illegal?

The cops only come out to shoot minorities, here.
Well someone has to do it, the cavalry and lynching mobs have given up.
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

kbs2244 wrote:A remote location of impact has nothing to do with the importance of the event.
(Except. maybe, in the eyes of a US TV evening news editor.)

How many humans saw the Gulf of Mexico impact?
No, remoteness has nothing to do with the "importance" of the event. But it does have to do with the odds any potential surviving fragments will be found. And if there is any importance to the event, it will derive from the classification of any found fragments. If they are ordinary chondrites, hard to find any importance to the event. If they are lunar or Martian meteorites, that would rank as an important event.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

"If they are lunar or Martian meteorites, that would rank as an important event."

I do not understand.
What kind of meteorites are these?