Is this the End?

Tell us what you think about your visit to our site!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Is this the End?

Post by circumspice »

Is this the end of Archaeologica.org? Or will someone else grab the baton & continue with Michelle's work???
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Is this the End?

Post by Minimalist »

I don't know, Circ.

I'll keep going while the board remains up in her honor, though.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

We never really realize how integral other people are in our lives til one of them is gone. That's when we notice the void left in their absence. Michelle spent 18 years of her life finding articles on archaeology & then making them available to the public, all on one website. I know that she made my life more interesting & better informed. And she did it with a wry sense of humor. I will certainly miss her.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Sam Salmon

Post by Sam Salmon »

There's always Reddit.

I'm out of here permanently now.
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Sam Salmon wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:12 pm There's always Reddit.

I'm out of here permanently now.
Wow... :shock:

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Out of curiosity I checked Sam's posts. It was two years between his last post and that one.

Wow, indeed!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin