Hunkering Down

Tell us what you think about your visit to our site!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Hunkering Down

Post by circumspice »

Well now... How goes the quarantine for our various & sundry domestic & international members? Are you hunkering down in self-quarantine mode? Or are you compelled to work during this unsettled time?

Keep in touch. Keep yourself safe & healthy.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Hunkering Down

Post by Minimalist »

Boring. Excitement is when I get to go to a vet appointment.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

It could be exceedingly entertaining if you take a cat to the vet... :lol:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I volunteer with a dog rescue. They aren't big on cats.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Fuddy duddy! No guts, no glory! No pain, no gain! :lol:

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Dogs will lick your face. Cats will tell you to "fuck off."

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

I once had a cat who never forgave me for having him neutered. Oh well... it did extend his life span. If he hadn't truly earned his name (Bad Cat) he would have remained intact. THAT was an entertaining adventure. Our local vet didn't like to work with cats or little yappy dogs. Both the vet & the cat were obstinate & truculent. It was the source of amusement for a couple of years. :mrgreen:

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I wouldn't forgive you either!

-- George Carlin