Does anyone know what this is?

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Keiran

Does anyone know what this is?

Post by Keiran »

This was found in a field in central Saskatchewan. Is it an artifact of some kind?
9118AA91-E7E9-4133-8985-941C5FD788C6.jpeg
9118AA91-E7E9-4133-8985-941C5FD788C6.jpeg (60.81 KiB) Viewed 7470 times
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Does anyone know what this is?

Post by Minimalist »

Not a clue. Hard to tell much from a single photo, though.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

More photos along with a brief verbal description would be nice. Out of context, an object means nothing... Is it a surface find? Was it found in a stream? Did you dig it up? Details like that go a long way to giving the viewers a clue as to what it may be. To me, it looks like a natural concretion. Concretions are often ovoid or spherical in shape, although irregular shapes also occur. However, I'm no expert in geology.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Cognito

Post by Cognito »

Wear indicates that the item was found in a stream bed and looks like a concretion to me. Unusual shape, but nature can do that.
Natural selection favors the paranoid
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

No photo showing for me.....
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

shawomet wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:38 am No photo showing for me.....
The original poster may have yanked it. Or... Seeing as how this forum has been migrated in the last few days, it may have been lost in the process of that migration.

Edit: The photo is back.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
ninaholm

Post by ninaholm »

That's great
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

There is no picture.

In order to post a photo you need to host it online - photobucket or some other such service - and then take the resulting link and put it between the Image tags.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin