Contemporary Great Pyramid Document

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Re: Contemporary Great Pyramid Document

Post by circumspice »

Of course, there is the group who say that stones weren't used and that the Egyptians invented concrete long before the Romans!

Only one problem with that theory... They've failed to identify any concrete. The blocks have been identified as sandstone, limestone & granite. Unless they have x-ray vision & have found unexposed concrete... I know! Maybe the concrete blocks were disguised as sandstone blocks! Brilliant! :roll:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

They've failed to identify any concrete.

Stop trying to shoehorn facts into their fantasy. You can be such a killjoy, Circ!

:lol:
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

:mrgreen:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Egypt is not the only ancient civilization that has unexplained enigmas. How about a 7,000 year old Greek statuette carved from granite without the aid of metal tools? My one burning question is how the archaeologists determined the age of the statuette since it has zero provenance... Stylistic similarities with other firmly dated objects? They didn't elaborate in the article.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38967924

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... SKBN15S14B

Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

There is a good book which looks at the construction of the Stonehenge trilothons.

It examines various different methods and concludes that brilliant as the various suggestions are the builders might have used all, or none of them.
Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

The statue looks like a Henry Moore reject.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Looks more like a duck to me.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

When bored, I search the internet for any interesting reading material. My latest search was: "Oldest known papyrus"... And... I stumbled upon a translation of Merer's Logbook... I had suspected that it would be boring as hell because it's a financial & administrative document. And I wasn't wrong. This document reads like the per diem reimbursement forms I had to file when in the military.

I knew that it would eventually be translated, in all its boring glory...

Anywho, I found a video on YouTube with a voice actor reading the stullifyingly repetitive, boring as hell document.

Um... Enjoy... :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyQpxzbL_BM