Black Death Asteroid

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

uniface

Re: Black Death Asteroid

Post by uniface »

First two generalisations : Wrong.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

He wants to believe, E.P.

Believers are impossible to deal with.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

You guys are the Believers.

I'm insisting on the unbiased consideration of information.

You know -- Science. The real stuff done the right way.

What you guys pose as standing up for and then try to fob off predetermined beliefs on people.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

uniface wrote:You guys are the Believers.

What you guys pose as standing up for and then try to fob off predetermined beliefs on people.
Hi uni -

Do you think Graham Hancock will acknowledge the priority of my work on impact events in his new book?
Will I even make it to a footnote?

Perhaps he will not even mention my work,
and that includes my note on the civilization off western India drowned by rising sea levels, which was contained in one of my worknotes on the Ancient Near East.

Oh well...

Perhaps I'll be able to piggy-back onto his success,
and be able to continue my work with the Native American histories,
and their memories of the Holocene Start Impact Event.

As long as he does not screw up the fight for funding for planetary defense,
I will be delighted.
Given the funding mechanisms, I can only hope his effort will be of help,
and that his work will not be so bad as to impede that funding.

I wonder if Graham has ever heard of CAPS (the Comet and Asteroid Protection System)?
I wonder if Graham will fight for that funding,
or if he is only concerned with himself?

I like Andrew Collins books much better.
uniface

Post by uniface »

I have no dog in that fight. And -- honestly -- very little interest in it.

Having seen a 500 pp. work on The Cancer Personality that repeated every point Reich made on it 70 years ago though, which didn't even mention his name once, I'm not too sanguine about your chance of being treated honestly.

Not to mention that virtually everything Einstein was hyped for by the publicity machine was plagarised, why should today be different ?
James Mackave : Einstein's theory is not a denial of, nor an alternative for, that of Lorentz. It is only a duplicate and disguise for it.

G. H. Keswani : Poincare was not only the first to enunciate the principle, but he also discovered in Lorentz's work the necessary mathematical formulation of the principle. All this happened before Einstein's paper appeared.

Charles Nordmann : All this was maintained by Poincare and others long before the time of Einstein, and one does injustice to truth in ascribing the discovery to him.

Max Born : His paper 'Zur Elektrodynamik bewegter Koerper' in Annalen der Physik . . . contains not a single reference to previous literature. It gives you the impression of quite a new venture. But that is, of course, as I have tried to explain, not true.

Harry Bateman : The appearance of Dr. Silberstein's recent article on 'General Relativity without the Equivalence Hypothesis' encourages me to restate my own views on the subject. I am perhaps entitled to do this as my work on the subject of General Relativity was published before that of Einstein and Kottler, and appears to have been overlooked by recent writers.
http://www.amazon.com/Albert-Einstein-T ... 0971962987
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

uniface wrote:You guys are the Believers.

The "right" way being the way which supports your fantasies, huh?

Sorry. When you stop citing crackpots you'll have some credibility. I'm not holding my breath.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

uniface wrote: I have no dog in that fight. And -- honestly -- very little interest in it.
Well, uni
1) I am not a dog
2) I do not know if there will be a fight or not

3) You're missing the point.
a) There is a new factor in the study of man, which is asteroid and comet impact.
b) This is a hazard which we have to deal with.
c) We need to have that hazard defined and documented.

The question is whether Hancock's new work will help with that or not.
Will he mention that this is a severe hazard which we can handle with existing technology?
uniface

Post by uniface »

:lol:
jaymesonsurya

Post by jaymesonsurya »

i am very curious about astronomy and stuff, if u do too check this artcle out, it is nice to read https://www.space.com/spaceflight-destr ... lood-cells
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The thread has been dead for 7 years. The people who were arguing in it are long gone.

-- George Carlin