Stone chambers dating back 1400 years, filled with stone slabs inscribed with Buddhist scriptures

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

AndyWang

Stone chambers dating back 1400 years, filled with stone slabs inscribed with Buddhist scriptures

Post by AndyWang »

In the southwest suburbs of Beijing, the capital city of China, there are several mysterious caves on a high mountain. These caves are filled with stone slabs with Buddhist scriptures engraved on them. According to research, these stone slabs are about 1,400 years old. Who dug these caves? Why are these stone slabs in there?

https://youtu.be/FqUbJ8zm1R8
luence

Re: Stone chambers dating back 1400 years, filled with stone slabs inscribed with Buddhist scriptures

Post by luence »

AndyWang wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:40 pm In the southwest suburbs of Beijing, the capital city of China, there are several mysterious caves on a high mountain. These caves are filled with stone slabs with Buddhist scriptures engraved on them. According to research, these stone slabs are about 1,400 years old. Who dug these caves? Why are these stone slabs in there?

https://youtu.be/FqUbJ8zm1R8snake game
As I know, the stone slabs you mentioned, with Buddhist scriptures engraved on them, were likely placed in the caves as a means of preserving and disseminating Buddhist teachings. Inscribing scriptures onto stone slabs was a common practice to ensure the longevity and accessibility of sacred texts.
Sergyai

How to answer archaeologica.org ??

Post by Sergyai »

Is there any of the moderators, because I can not answer a new topic?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Need your help.
Yours faithfully.

Прошу подсказать, как ответить в существующую тему?
Что я делаю не так?
Нужна Ваша помощь.
Спасибо.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Stone chambers dating back 1400 years, filled with stone slabs inscribed with Buddhist scriptures

Post by Minimalist »

New posters are on mod review.

If you are posting something which is on topic and not an attempt to spam the board, it will be approved.

Otherwise, it is deleted.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin