I thought this might interest some of you.

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Frank Harrist

I thought this might interest some of you.

Post by Frank Harrist »

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/09/new ... isted.html

“We conclusively have identified a thin layer over three continents, particularly in North America and Western Europe, that contain a rich assemblage of nanodiamonds, the production of which can be explained only by cosmic impact. We have also found YDB glassy and metallic materials formed at temperatures in excess of 2200 degrees Celsius, which could not have resulted from wildfires, volcanism or meteoritic flux, but only from cosmic impact.” (Source)
E.P. Grondine

Another source

Post by E.P. Grondine »

You can read the whole paper over at
http://www.thecosmictusk.com

George Howard is a wealthy GOP amateur who believed that the Carolina Bays were impact structures from thr Holocene Start Impact Event, or the YD Event as it is referred to by the ignorant.

You can also read papers there denying there was any impact...

Along with idiot comments by Steve Garica, an idiot from Stelle, Illinois and David Hatcher Childress's friend. Yes, the David Childress of "Ancient Aliens" fame and cult leader Richard Kieninger's business partner:
http://www.thestelleexperience.com/tag/stelle/

Dennis Cox, a really retarded asshole, also goes there to muddy the waters with shit he imagines.

Aside from that, there is no clearing house for impact research. This has slowed impact research to a crawl, and prevents me from promoting my own book.

There were other impact events besides those occurring during the Holocene Start Impact Event.
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalopin

Re: I thought this might interest some of you.

Post by Kalopin »

SLOWLY, but surely... ;-]
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

E.P, do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone? All I ever see you do is run others down and promote your stupid book. STFU on my threads. Do not talk to me. Do not comment on my posts. I don't like you, old man. Butt the fuck out!
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi Frank -

But I'm such a nice guy. :mrgreen:

I do have nice things to say, but a person has have to earn them.

You linked to a site promoting Graham Hancock's books.

Hancock is also promoting the use of ayahausca without giving cautions. :evil:

Who is going to pick up the costs for the casualties?

I've been working on impact events since 1997, and others from the early 1980's.

Unlike so much archaeological work, this work has real and immediate use.

There have been multiple impact events in the recent past.

I suppose my and my colleagues work on them will form the basis for Hancock's succeeding books. :twisted:

If you can't be of help, then get the fuck out of the way. :mrgreen:
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3831451/ "The putative Younger Dryas boundary [YDB] strewnfield spans out about 70* in latitude and 180* in longitude..."
so you see, they already know it wasn't a comet or a meteor and that it must have been much larger, so...

You've made good points. This was supposed to be a scientific investigation concerning impact cratering [archaeology, anthropology, geology, history,...] that has turned into some warped psychological experiment about collective cainotophobia/alethaphobia. Maybe I have been too concerned with self-promotion and getting credit? Maybe it is too difficult to understand and cope with everyone's querks?

an example of what is being communicated to me:
from- Elizabeth Warner,
"Hi Tony,
No, I will not accept you linked in request because I do not know you.

I have no idea what you are asking in this message. If those are article titles, you need to give better citations or links to them. However, after looking them up, they are complete and utter crap. [wow you should have set in on the class we had for our freshman about being able to tell the difference between scholarly articles and b.s.]

All of the discussions you point to are topics started by you and then with rebuttals from other folks asking for evidence that you never provide.

If you are curious, there are resources for for researching various topics. But you need to read real research that is peer reviewed [not self-published, that's generally a bad sign unless it is art or poetry!] and not some half-baked ideas. There is plenty science fiction out there, but you need to learn to tell the difference between real and make-believe.

Clear Skies!
Elizabeth Warner
warnerem@astro.umd.edu "

Do you believe that?! This is the current state. The scientific community has become a religous cult, unable to investigate facts. My research has been ignored, rejected, marginalized,... until it has become an embarrassment to all those who already understand the accuarcy of my research. Students pay a lot for proper education and information concerning public safety should not be withheld. This has gone on for more than six years now and so many students ask me why they had never heard of this in the classroom. I can guess many answers, but what should I tell them?
I have written a couple of papers [one entitled "An extraterrestrial origin for the upland complex of the Mississippi embayment"] but am unable to submit them, although I do not see anything I am doing wrong?

What do you think should be done?
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi Kalopin -

The last time you were here you were raging on about the New Madrid earthquake being an impact event.

Obviously, you have not thrown drug use and theosophist cult archaeology in with your geological nonsense.

For the rest of you, who are sane,

Whether the Clovis type site of Blackwater Draw was an exceptional refugia, or whether the 14C dates there are off because of impactities washing in, is still an open question.

As far as Boslough goes, if he was any good he'd be at Los Alamos instead of Sandia.
The Sandia super computer could be put to better use running orbits for collisions
rather than running his entirely inadequate finite element analysis.

Since I'm an "old man" and "chap", may I add "Bugger off, ya old sod".

Aside from that, if you want the craters from the Holocene Start Impact Event, then send money directly to me.
The larger the amount, the more that will get done.
Doing science takes money.
Particularly when there is field work required.
PS - Geology students earn more and cost more than archaeology students.
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

really E.P.?
you still do not understand?
as I have described every detail, you have not investigated, but continue to spout nonsense?
move the stack of marvel comics, funny papers and Dr. Seuss collection and study the facts, which are:

the Moon struck the Mediterranean to start the Holocene, a comet hit the Hudson bay ending the Clovis culture and a meteor impacted the Mississippi embayment causing the 1811-1812 earthquake sequence...

must I begin another thread and go over each detail to make you understand?
lack of review will bring even more embarrassment upon you! ;-]]]]]]]
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

"What do you think should be done?"

To kalopin: Prove it. Simple as that.

Stop demanding that others must prove it for you. (of course, giving you the credit for it while they're at it...)

Spend YOUR money, YOUR time, YOUR resources proving it.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

circumspice wrote:"What do you think should be done?"

To kalopin: Prove it. Simple as that.

Stop demanding that others must prove it for you. (of course, giving you the credit for it while they're at it...)

Spend YOUR money, YOUR time, YOUR resources proving it.
[oh my special little tin whiskers]
I have spent too much time, money, resources,... and all I demand is that this research be investigated. At that end you may give credit to whomever you choose.

This has been proven. the proof is in every single detail. There is no other option but the scenarios I have described... ;-]
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

E.P. Grondine wrote:Aside from that, if you want the craters from the Holocene Start Impact Event, then send money directly to me.
The larger the amount, the more that will get done.
Doing science takes money.
Particularly when there is field work required.
PS - Geology students earn more and cost more than archaeology students.
E.P. do you really expect students to take out another loan for your nonsense as well? after paying for this country's set-up plutocracy, giving it all to the already wealthy and knowing how it has all been skewed? are you one of the 1%ers? :-]]]]]]]
annakenna

Post by annakenna »

Thanks for sharing the link! The findings about the nanodiamonds and other materials formed at extreme temperatures are fascinating.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The thread is 10 years old.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin