Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

E.P. Grondine

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi nacom -

Trying to keep kalopin's butt out of jail may be an exercise in futility.

While you are here, would you happen to have a map of the Pleistocene landscape of the area handy?
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

Nacon wrote:Correction to the above

The property in question lies approximately 42 miles east of the current surface features of the Embayment and within the Embayment aquifer.

Apologies for the error.

[Jees!] NO, Marshall County lies well within the embayment. In fact the entire state of Mississippi, with the exception of the upper northeast corner where the Tennessee River runs through, is part of the embayment. The Mississippi embayment's outer edge is the extent of the shockwave: http://nepis.epa.gov/Adobe/PDF/P100BKQK.PDF [fig.1] , http://choctaw.er.usgs.gov/matras/ [regional aquifer study], or any view of the embayment.
The aquifer system is the main reason for such an obvious shockwave pattern, as this bolide turned the valley into 'soup'!

For the nanodiamonds- a magnifying glass works good enough!

Please follow each and every line of topography until you find the center of them.- :shock:
Last edited by Kalopin on Sun May 05, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

E.P. Grondine wrote:Hi nacom -

While you are here, would you happen to have a map of the Pleistocene landscape of the area handy?
["...life is funny, skies are sunny, bees make honey,...!!!"]

[Once again!] The rocks are NOT for sell! And, even after they are verified they will NOT be for sell.
These rocks are not average meteorites, they are cometary impactites. Have you ever seen any cometary impactites anywhere? "Fully developed cones are rare..."- http://www.impact-structures.com/impact ... cone-page/ [I have numerous, what APPEARS to be, fully developed shatter cones!]
This site is unique in that it is not from an asteroid or meteoroid but from a comet. There has NEVER been any impact site proven to be of cometary origin. This is the reason so many have such difficulty visually identifying them. There are no other examples with which to compare!
And, this occurred recently enough for it to have all this verified, that is IF this finds the research. This is when comet meets man, the rarest of finds and most definitely the rarest of any rocks ever! That is why very few samples will be given and very few/if any will ever be sold! The rocks are priceless to me, [because I know what they are!] and will soon be for the scientific community as well. No they are currently not affordable! :wink:
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Yes, kaLopin, I have seen the results of cometary impact. You do not have one.

And that is too bad, as if you did you could sell the impactites from it.
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Ah! The motive now becomes apparent.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Nacon

Post by Nacon »

E.P. Grondine wrote:Hi nacom -

Hi E.P.,

Have a couple of Pleistocene maps on hand, but they are in reports and rather limited in scope. There is some good information in the paper by Blum at al (1999) in the GSA Bulletin which is available on line (by subscription). If you have a specific aspect in mind, could do some research and get back to you with any results.

Nacon

Post by Nacon »

Kalopin wrote:

The property in question lies approximately 42 miles east of the current surface features of the Embayment and within the Embayment aquifer.

Apologies for the error.

[Jees!] NO, Marshall County lies well within the embayment. In fact the entire state of Mississippi, with the exception of the upper northeast corner where the Tennessee River runs through, is part of the embayment. The Mississippi embayment's outer edge is the extent of the shockwave: http://nepis.epa.gov/Adobe/PDF/P100BKQK.PDF [fig.1] , http://choctaw.er.usgs.gov/matras/ [regional aquifer study], or any view of the embayment.
The aquifer system is the main reason for such an obvious shockwave pattern, as this bolide turned the valley into 'soup'!

Please follow each and every line of topography until you find the center of them.- :shock:

To clarify: "The property in question lies some 42 miles east of the current surface features of the Embayment" - This was in reference to the the relatively recent alluvial fan. It is, however, agreed (as per correction) that Marshal County lies within the Mississippi Embayment aquifer. Am quite familiar with the recent EPA Hydrology study which you cited. It would be recommended that you read it in its entirety. You should find the Embayment cross-section studies to be informative. And do not confuse "study area" with specific Embayment boundaries.

As for the specific relationship of Marshall County to the Embayment/Embayment aquifer, will again refer you to the mapping below. You will note that Marshall County lies near the eastern boundary of such.

http://ar.water.usgs.gov/meras/images/studyarea1.png

Source:http://water.usgs.gov/ogw/gwrp/activities/gw-avail.html

The Embayment boundaries have nothing to do with a shock wave and are, again, sedimentary deposits. Below is a stylized cross-section of the Embayment aquifer.

http://academic.emporia.edu/aberjame/st ... cross2.jpg

And now the viewing of nanodiamonds does require magnification? And you can document that your hand lens is of sufficient power? It must be a rather exceptional model (understatement).

Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

Nacon wrote:
Kalopin wrote:

Apologies for the error.

To clarify: "The property in question lies some 42 miles east of the current surface features of the Embayment" - This was in reference to the the relatively recent alluvial fan. It is, however, agreed (as per correction) that Marshal County lies within the Mississippi Embayment aquifer. Am quite familiar with the recent EPA Hydrology study which you cited. It would be recommended that you read it in its entirety. You should find the Embayment cross-section studies to be informative. And do not confuse "study area" with specific Embayment boundaries.

As for the specific relationship of Marshall County to the Embayment/Embayment aquifer, will again refer you to the mapping below. You will note that Marshall County lies near the eastern boundary of such.

http://ar.water.usgs.gov/meras/images/studyarea1.png

Source:http://water.usgs.gov/ogw/gwrp/activities/gw-avail.html

The Embayment boundaries have nothing to do with a shock wave and are, again, sedimentary deposits. Below is a stylized cross-section of the Embayment aquifer.

http://academic.emporia.edu/aberjame/st ... cross2.jpg

And now the viewing of nanodiamonds does require magnification? And you can document that your hand lens is of sufficient power? It must be a rather exceptional model (understatement).

Yes, they are using what I am calling the extent of a shockwave for the boundaries of the embayment. There is no other mechanism that could have possibly created "The Upper Mid-land Drift". Each large wave of the shock from the impact is quite apparent, just follow each river to the north down their valleys. It is easy to see how much the Mississippi was pushed to the northwest. Where Reelfoot Lake is appears to be where the Tennessee River once ran, by studying earlier maps.

Do you see how catastrophic this event really was now? When this bolide impacted it pushed massive amounts of land northward, along with all the water, all other material and everything on the surface for many miles and at the same time pushing extreme force against a weakened tectonic plate, fracturing even more in several places [such as The Big Creek Fault System and several others]. This caused all the land in the lower valley to be raised, as I have little doubt that the most of the valley was the same as the Everglades. This is all easily viewable on satellite.

The original embayment, before 1811, was mostly buried maybe 30-40 feet and entirely redesigned, this impact producing the rolling hills seen throughout the valley. Reading the original accounts will give many descriptions of the shockwave as it occurred. The shockwave, accounts, rocks and impact site give testament to a catastrophe 'almost' lost and forgotten :)
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

E.P. Grondine wrote:Yes, kaLopin, I have seen the results of cometary impact. You do not have one.

And that is too bad, as if you did you could sell the impactites from it.
Really? Could you please cite your findings? I have been unaware of ANY 'cometary' impact. Are you sure this was verified?
Could you let me know where there are COMETARY impactites for sell [not just say "from an asteroid or a comet" as suggested but not sure!]? :?

THIS site will be proven to be from a comet, unlike any other! [again- IF!] 8)
Nacon

Post by Nacon »

Kalopin

Yes, they are using what I am calling the extent of a shockwave for the boundaries of the embayment. There is no other mechanism that could have possibly created "The Upper Mid-land Drift". Each large wave of the shock from the impact is quite apparent, just follow each river to the north down their valleys. It is easy to see how much the Mississippi was pushed to the northwest. Where Reelfoot Lake is appears to be where the Tennessee River once ran, by studying earlier maps.

Do you see how catastrophic this event really was now? When this bolide impacted it pushed massive amounts of land northward, along with all the water, all other material and everything on the surface for many miles and at the same time pushing extreme force against a weakened tectonic plate, fracturing even more in several places [such as The Big Creek Fault System and several others]. This caused all the land in the lower valley to be raised, as I have little doubt that the most of the valley was the same as the Everglades. This is all easily viewable on satellite.

The original embayment, before 1811, was mostly buried maybe 30-40 feet and entirely redesigned, this impact producing the rolling hills seen throughout the valley. Reading the original accounts will give many descriptions of the shockwave as it occurred. The shockwave, accounts, rocks and impact site give testament to a catastrophe 'almost' lost and forgotten

Oh my. Despite the references already provided, it would appear that you still do not have an understanding of the highly complex formational processes of the Embayment. These processes include, but are not limited to, tectonic plate movement and montain upthrust, the breakup and reformation of super-continents (i.e. Rodinia, Pangea), hotspot weakening and subsequent subsidence of montain upthrust formations, and intercontinental oceanic sediment deposition. The following is a lay-oriented and brief primer:

http://academic.emporia.edu/aberjame/st ... /index.htm

Would also suggest a re-reading of Cushing et al, 1968 in addition to the 2011 EPA hydrology study. As for additional technical information, much of this material is in professional journals. If you are truly interested in the topic, membership in the GSA would be to your advantage. The following are some Embayment related abstracts that should serve to provide a somewhat more complete understanding of research that has been previously conducted. These papers can, of course, be purchased on an individual basis.

http://gsabulletin.gsapubs.org/content/73/11/1387.short

http://gsabulletin.gsapubs.org/content/68/9/1077.short

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 5297000033

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 5183900239

The comparatively recent footprint of Reelfoot Lake (swamp) would indeed appear to be the product of the New Madrid quakes. And has nothing to do with comets.

Will await your documentation of molten ferric materials appearing in the sedimentary lithics of your locale.

E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Kalopin wrote: I have been unaware of ANY 'cometary' impact.
Yes, we all know that.
Kalopin wrote: Are you sure this was verified?
Yes.
Kalopin wrote: Could you let me know where there are COMETARY impactites for sell ?
I don't know who you should try for these, as I do not have to pay for them.
You could check with Dennis Cox, Mark Boslough, or Davdid Morrison.
Kalopin wrote: THIS site will be proven to be from a comet, unlike any other!
Sorry, no it will not, as it is not.
But again, that is just my opinion.
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

Nacon wrote:
Kalopin

Yes, they are using what I am calling the extent of a shockwave for the boundaries of the embayment. There is no other mechanism that could have possibly created "The Upper Mid-land Drift".

Oh my. Despite the references already provided, it would appear that you still do not have an understanding of the highly complex formational processes of the Embayment. These processes include, but are not limited to, tectonic plate movement and montain upthrust, the breakup and reformation of super-continents (i.e. Rodinia, Pangea).

You see, that is the line that I should be giving to you. "YOU still do not have an understanding". Firstly, there is NO uplift or subduction zone near the NMSZ.Many seismologists try to say pressure from the Juan de Fuca Plate [piece of The Farallon Plate] all the way from the Pacific helped to cause the rupture. The North American Plate passed over "The Bermuda Hotspot' so long ago it has little or nothing to do with the topography of the embayment, as glaciers and inland seas did deposit sediments, it was all reformed in 1811. As all factors may have weakened the plate and there may well have already been a fault, the initial mechanism was an impact from a meteor.

This all should have been common knowledge from the start, but many factors complicated the truths. It has been taught to everyone that it was just tectonic movement, when so much evidence has just been ignored pointing to the contrary. I tell you to give study from my point of view. See how all the lines of topography wrap perfectly around this central concave structure and realize this was no ordinary earthquake. I have explained the embayment as it appears to me. It is now up to you. As I have given the question several times now, with no attempt for an answer-
What do you believe the processes were to create the unusual topography of the Mississippi embaynment?

My interpretation will be found correct. There is no other choice. Anyone who really understands physics should have no problem getting this right! SO,- Name YOUR factors! :roll:
Last edited by Kalopin on Mon May 06, 2013 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

E.P. Grondine wrote:
Kalopin wrote: I have been unaware of ANY 'cometary' impact.
Yes, we all know that.
Kalopin wrote: Are you sure this was verified?
Yes.
Kalopin wrote: Could you let me know where there are COMETARY impactites for sell ?
I don't know who you should try for these, as I do not have to pay for them.
You could check with Dennis Cox, Mark Boslough, or Davdid Morrison.
Kalopin wrote: THIS site will be proven to be from a comet, unlike any other!
Sorry, no it will not, as it is not.
But again, that is just my opinion.
Again? Comments straight from the alimentary canal? :lol:
Dennis Cox has not and probably will not [because he is scared] get back in touch. Mark Boslough has no public email, why?[scared], David Morrison has pretty much given his opinion [pulled from his 'balloon knot' as well!], [he had to have read my thread at his site 2012Hoax]. They do not have, nor do you have ANY confirmed examples of cometary impactites! You do not have to pay for them because, besides mine they do not exist.
So, where is this "cometary impact" you speak of? :roll: :lol:

What produced "The Upland Complex"? :roll:
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Chicxulub, idiot.

kalopin, please perform the energy calculation I requested from you earlier, or leave.
Your Electric Universe nonsense is not only not amusin, it is weaarying.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi nacom -

I am interested in animal migration paths through the various landscapes that existed between 48,000 kya and 13,000 kya.