Deleted

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Cognito

Chumash

Post by Cognito »

they are tracing the dna from one 15,000 year old tooth among 3500 known samples
were they to find a 50,000 year old tooth with a viable dna sample they would be able to use that

we're not to the level yet where we can take a strand of dna and cut it up into its component parts and analyse each of them for origins
we are at the level where if we know what a certain piece looks like we can match it to another piece in a different sample
I was aware of this study when it was first released. From the standpoint of the Chumash tribe it is interesting; however, the sample and genetic matches are really too limited to make the sweeping conclusions contained in the article. The tooth in question simply represents one maritime dispersal among many.
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

The tooth in question simply represents one maritime dispersal among many.
Cogs, your excellent statement sums up what we've been saying - just with more words. Thanks. 8)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Minimalist wrote:
Charlie Hatchett wrote:
Charlie should whomp them upside the head with a hand axe.
:wink:

Hey, was it on my end, or was this server down all day yesterday? :?

Down pretty much all day except for Beagle. He's "special."
To be accurate, Marduk was here too, although I don't know what kind words he had for me when I posted.

Rod Serling may have been here too. :lol:
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Charlie Hatchett wrote:
Beagle???? :evil:
:P ...he'd be the last of my list of suspects.

Michelle? :evil: .... :P

Yes it was me!!!! I confess!!! I set it up to look like Beagle did it!!! I was the gunman on the grassy knoll!!! I told Cheany where to aim!!!

Now that I've got that out of my system...It was an attack on the server. Luckily, Cameron at Boardbot was very quick to answer my pleas.
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Charlie Hatchett

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

It was an attack on the server

It was the goddamn Club. I knew it!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Check out this video showing a blooming furnace in operation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP4DjM3jBsw

Its a little short on detail, but interesting nontheless.

:wink:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Yes, interesting but still unanswered is the question of how the first guy found the first lump of iron....or any other metal for that matter.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Ok. Makes sense for lead.

Then what? They started throwing more rocks into fires to see what would happen? And when nothing happened, they started trying to make the fires hotter??

Maybe Von Daniken was right all along? :wink:

-- George Carlin
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Isn't Sitchin another of the Aliens-Gave-It-All-To-Us school? I may have to read his book.

-- George Carlin
stan

Post by stan »

As i said in an earlier post, couldn't these ancient people have seen metals melted in the intense heat of forest fires, volcanic activity, or lightning strikes?
And aren't there sometimes veins or nuggets of pure metal in rocks, like gold?
The deeper you go, the higher you fly.