Flores Man in North America

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Ernie L

Re: Flores Man in North America

Post by Ernie L »

kbs2244 wrote:RE: The giants PIC.
No…
As far as I can research the PIC was taken in NE Africa.
Around present date Somalia.
The Brit with the hat was obviously picked because he was a small guy and presented a good contrast to the “Natives“
But, given that he was perhaps a head (8 inches) shorter than the average Brit of the time, the height difference is still pretty amazing.
Thanks for taking the time to answer..I feel a little bad about wasting your time as my comment was meant as a joke.

Your comment did cause me to look at the picture a second and third time. The hat/helmet the European is holding looks about twice the size of his head...strange picture all around..
Regards Ernie
uniface

Post by uniface »

Just make sure they aren't posted on Abovetopsecret.com or whackadoodle.com
Because everyone knows that books are properly judged by their covers, and articles by the publication they appear in.

Because it's not gonna go away any time soon :

http://www.magma.ca/~rel/sheg/shegcore.html
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Credibility, like virginity, is easily lost and never recovered.

Sites which spread pseudo-scientific crap never had much in the way of credibility to begin with.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

LOL !

If I tried to argue you into admitting you were dealing in belief rather than reason, you'd duck and weave 'til I tired of it.

But then you turn around and -- unprovoked -- openly admit it. :lol:

Credibility and belief are synonyms. Latin = credere : Credo in unum deum . . . (I believe in one God . . .)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Wrong again. I should think you'd be tired of it by now.
Traditionally, modern, credibility has two key components: trustworthiness and expertise, which both have objective and subjective components. Trustworthiness is based more on subjective factors, but can include objective measurements such as established reliability. Expertise can be similarly subjectively perceived, but also includes relatively objective characteristics of the source or message (e.g., credentials, certification or information quality).[1] Secondary components of credibility include source dynamism (charisma) and physical attractiveness.

Hence, this statement "the bible has no credibility whatsoever" is based on its failure to demonstrate that the claims it makes are true.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

By the time you've re-defined it, you've achieved the appearance of plausibility.

But your re-definition itself is a conceptual sleight-of-hand with no historical support.

Credere : to Believe.

Has been for 2,000 years, plus.