The Hooked X

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

E.P. Grondine

Re: The Hooked X

Post by E.P. Grondine »

dannan14 wrote: Hehe, go out into the woods and food is everywhere you look.....you just have to know what it looks like.
You don't understand. The food everywhere out in the woods is dead as well due to the climate collapse.
dannan14 wrote: "you don't really have much to base your opinion on."
I wrote this book of history. Its called "Man and Impact in the Americas".

Many people tell me its about as much fun as a semester of post grad studies, while many NDNs and meti wiz right through it like a hot meal and desert, and then go back for seconds and thirds.
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

EP, you said that "But it has nothing to do with the way things really works" if reference to the aftermath of the nuclear war in Canticle. Now, if you want to switch to your favorite topic of impacts, then you have something, but only if we're talking about the biggest type of impacts. Killing off 90-95% of humans wouldn't take the same type of impact as one that would kill off 90-95% of all life on Earth. Simply put, in today's world a minority of the population knows how to live off the land. Even in those areas with far fewer modern conveniences, population density is so high, a small disruption could easily cause mass deaths there as well.

This is especially true if the celestial culprit breaks apart in the atmosphere and causes dozens or hundreds of impacts spread all over the world. And since a smaller impactor is more likely than the "big one", then yes, it is realistic that survival is possible, even probable, for those who know how to survive.

BTW, don't you normally hold the "sky is falling" types in disdain? In this discussion, it seems you are taking an all or nothing sort of view.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi Danaan -
dannan14 wrote: Even in those areas with far fewer modern conveniences, population density is so high, a small disruption could easily cause mass deaths there as well.
I am acutely aware of that.
dannan14 wrote: This is especially true if the celestial culprit breaks apart in the atmosphere and causes dozens or hundreds of impacts spread all over the world. And since a smaller impactor is more likely than the "big one", then yes, it is realistic that survival is possible, even probable, for those who know how to survive.
In the real world, the dust load causes climate collapse.
That in turn causes food resource collapse, and thus knowledge of how to obtain those food resources becomes useless.

And sometimes no piece has to hit; the dust load itself is sufficient.

Obviously, I could write for pages on this. As a matter of fact, I already have.
I think there's links to my reports on historical impacts available in the introduce yourself section here. If not, then lists of links to them are available around the internet.

I'll just add that your understanding of impacts, and the processes, is very limited.
dannan14 wrote: BTW, don't you normally hold the "sky is falling" types in disdain? In this discussion, it seems you are taking an all or nothing sort of view.
Yes, I hold them in disdain, as the loss of life due to impact is entirely preventable now.

You're the one who moved the topic in this direction, as it started off on the public's fascination with Templars and Masons, and the exploitation of their general archaeological and historical confusion by a collective of con-men.

Your own romantic fantasies about surviving an impact event are bizarre.
C****t, some people get paid $125 an hour for this kind of work.
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

E.P. Grondine wrote: You're the one who moved the topic in this direction, as it started off on the public's fascination with Templars and Masons, and the exploitation of their general archaeological and historical confusion. Your own romantic fantasies with this are bizarre.
Really? My first post is on page 3. You changed the subject from the Templars on page one. Look again where i jump in. You stated your opinion regarding mass loss of human life. To me the fact that it is preventable makes it even less positive. There are too many humans. It's time for nature to knock us down a few pegs.
oldarchystudent

Post by oldarchystudent »

E.P. Grondine wrote: You're the one who moved the topic in this direction, as it started off on the public's fascination with Templars and Masons, and the exploitation of their general archaeological and historical confusion. Your own romantic fantasies with this are bizarre.
Actually it started off with me asking about a book on the runes in the Kensington Runestone. I never mentioned Templars or Freemasons. You, however, immediately started talking about Templars and once again, recommending that I read your book.....
A complete crock of shit by Scott Wolters, in which he ties the Kensington Rune Stone into theosophist cult "archaeology". "This journey has been nothing short of amazing as it winds through the mysterious worlds of the medieval Cistercians, the Knights Templar, and modern Freemasonry," as Wolters puts it. In theosophist cult archaeology, Masonry is a Luciferian Brotherhood established by Melchisedek. Wolters knows his market; you can write me for a free copy of my guide inside it.

The Five Nations well dated memories of the Norse may be found in "Man and Impact in the Americas".

Other than that, read Farley Mowat's The Farfarers
My karma ran over my dogma.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi OAS -

I forgot to tell you to PM me an e-mail, so I can send you my guide inside the cult archaeology industry. It's free.

One evening's reading, and you'll be able to tell the s*** from the good stuff.

Peter James' book "Ancient Mysteries" I've mentioned before.

Since you're reading "esoteric" books, let me also suggest Andrew Collin'' books. Really very good, and solidly researched.
oldarchystudent

Thank you for your kind offer, however I prefer to decide for myself what I will read, and form my own opinions on what is and is not a "crock of shit"...
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Well, you're the one who asked for thoughts on "The Hooked X".

I think it is a complete crock of shit.

http://boingboing.net/2011/08/13/the-an ... -2012.html
oldarchystudent

And I certainly welcome your opinion. A guide on what not to read is rather less welcome, but thanks.

I only read a chapter or so before I got diverted to another book, but I will go back to finish the Hooked X soon. Maybe I haven't reached he pertinent chapter yet, but I don't see so far what it has to do with your earlier mention of Theosophy, or the 2012 stuff you posted above.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

dannan14 wrote: There are too many humans...
It's time for nature to knock us down a few pegs.
Why wait for nature?
You can help solve this "problem" all by yourself right now.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

oldarchystudent wrote: And I certainly welcome your opinion. A guide on what not to read is rather less welcome, but thanks.

I only read a chapter or so before I got diverted to another book, but I will go back to finish the Hooked X soon. Maybe I haven't reached he pertinent chapter yet, but I don't see so far what it has to do with your earlier mention of Theosophy, or the 2012 stuff you posted above.
Let me try to explain this simply. In certain Theosophic variants, the Masons and the Knights Templar are viewed as the special keepers of their "secret knowledge".

"Seven “Brotherhoods” were set up by Melchisedek (G*d) for the spiritual advancement of mankind. There are six lesser “Brotherhoods”: the Hermetic, Essene, Brahmic, Luciferian (Masonic), Rosicrucian, and Theosophist, and one greater Brotherhood, the Lemurian."

(I am sure it will come as a great surprise to the Masons that they are "Luciferian".)

The same group of people who run this con also profit from the 2012 nonsense and the ancient aliens crap. Its all a computerized mailing list operation. Buy "The Hooked X" from any of the central players, and you'll find out.

Hoope's functional analysis linked to above is a great piece of work, as is his landmark archaeological work in South America - it was and is paradigm shifting. I really need to get the operational history of this ring to him.
oldarchystudent

Well I recieved the book from Amazon a while ago now and so far - no 2012 nutjob mailing lists in sight....

I'm not sure what you feel your evidence is for all these supposed connections. If you're looking for conspiracies in any book that touches on the Masons or the Templars than I think you're operating on far less facts than Wolper is, based on the couple of chapters I've read so far. Again - perhaps the book is going to take some oddball left turn later on but so far, it seems to be well presented and isn't going off at unrelated tangents.

Yes, I know all about Albert Pike and the whole Luciferian thing. Are you one of those guys that thinks the Freemasons are involved in some plot to take over the world? If so, the 2012 thing shouldn't seem so out of line to you because it is about as substantial.

And for the record, I'm not a Freemason....
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The only potential catastrophe I can see in 2012 is the election of Bachmann as president.

I put nothing by the American electorate ever since they elected Bush.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

i really don't think we have to worry. Her running mate won't be someone who used to chair the company that makes all the electronic voting booths, and she's just a stupid as Palin, but not hot. Granted, G-dub was also as stupid as Palin, but with Cheney pulling the strings he had an advantage the tea baggers don't have.
oldarchystudent

Having seen Dubya voted in - twice - nothing would surprise me....