The Hooked X

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

kbs2244

Re: The Hooked X

Post by kbs2244 »

The pendulum swings.
The farther one way the farther the other.

I have lost my way,
Did you ever finish The Hooked X
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

oldarchystudent wrote:Well I recieved the book from Amazon a while ago now and so far - no 2012 nutjob mailing lists in sight....

I'm not sure what you feel your evidence is for all these supposed connections. If you're looking for conspiracies in any book that touches on the Masons or the Templars than I think you're operating on far less facts than Wolper is, based on the couple of chapters I've read so far. Again - perhaps the book is going to take some oddball left turn later on but so far, it seems to be well presented and isn't going off at unrelated tangents.

Yes, I know all about Albert Pike and the whole Luciferian thing. Are you one of those guys that thinks the Freemasons are involved in some plot to take over the world? If so, the 2012 thing shouldn't seem so out of line to you because it is about as substantial.

And for the record, I'm not a Freemason....
Hi OAS -

Take a good look at the also bought section at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view-upse ... 1XIRFA%2C1

If you had bought The Hooked X through one of the principals, we would not be having this "discussion" now.

No, I most definitely am not one of those guys -

but I did write a guide inside the fringe industry, which I am
not going to re-type here one post at a time for your benefit.

Now that we've cleared that up, I'm looking forward to hearing how a bulldozer ended up at Cahahokia at the next SEAC.
oldarchystudent

Post by oldarchystudent »

Well the link here took me to my reading list which included a couple of books on the Hundred Years War and a book by Alan Watts, along with a link to my own book (yes, I've written a book too - historical fiction, but I'm not using this forum to push it at every opportunity).

However, going to the Hooked X and then perusing the "people also bought", no surprise to see books on the Kensington Runestone and yes - the possibility of the Knights Templar coming to the Americas, to which I have to say, so what? I've read a book or two on Henry Sinclair and it seems like a compelling possibility. There's no "new world order" consipracy going on there and certaily no hysterical tie to 2012 lunacy. It's related material which I may or may not pick up. I'm not sure what your point is here.

My god, you're still trying to get everyone and their dog fired? I thought we'd been through all that already.
My karma ran over my dogma.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Knights Templar coming to the Americas
I watched this awful program on SciFy (Legend Quest - don't bother...pure bullshit) in which some bozo had them bringing the Holy Grail to Scotland and then the Pilgrim's brought it to Plymouth Rock and the Masons stored it in the Washington Monument.

I wonder how such garbage gets produced but then..... I look at the general state of scientific and historical education in this country and it makes perfect sense.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
oldarchystudent

Well - a history doc on Sci Fy.....

There are some really awful books on the subject too, but Tim Wallace Murphy's "Templars in America" was a good read, although he went off on a tangent or two. No Holy Grail crap, just a serious examination of the Xeno narrative and the evidence for medieval contact with the Americas.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

No, this was just horseshit.

They no longer do history on the history channel, either.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
oldarchystudent

Hey now - "American Pickers" is all about history.

It's not live, so it happened in the past. And they buy old stuff.....
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Compared to Axe Men, Ice Road Truckers and Modern Marvels I might have to agree with you.

-- George Carlin
oldarchystudent

...and then there's "Ancient Aliens"...
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

oldarchystudent wrote:...and then there's "Ancient Aliens"...
...which is not half bad with the sound turned off.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

And even better with the power off!

-- George Carlin
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

nah, some of the pictures were cool.
oldarchystudent

dannan14 wrote:nah, some of the pictures were cool.
They actually visit some interesting sites. They just talk drivel about them.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

oldarchystudent wrote: ...along with a link to my own book (yes, I've written a book too - historical fiction, but I'm not using this forum to push it at every opportunity)...
I suppose amazon's "also read" link suggests other titles based on your profile as well.

I don't have any problem with passing on Native American history - and important information on the frequency and types of impacts.

I don't have any problem with telling people about my work at all. Oftentimes, the answers to many peoples' question are "In the Book."

What is your book of historical fiction?

There's a difference between writing a book of history and writing a book of fiction which seems to be beyond you.
I couldn't make stuff up.
That made it a lot harder to write.
oldarchystudent wrote: However, going to the Hooked X and then perusing the "people also bought", no surprise to see books on the Kensington Runestone and yes - the possibility of the Knights Templar coming to the Americas, to which I have to say, so what? I've read a book or two on Henry Sinclair and it seems like a compelling possibility. There's no "new world order" conspiracy going on there and certainly no hysterical tie to 2012 lunacy. It's related material which I may or may not pick up. I'm not sure what your point is here.
While you certainly don't want to read about the ties, these con men's use of fears of catastrophe is well documented. And that includes the current 2012 hysteria.
And their ties to the conspiracy nuts are well documented as well, and open for public examination.

Let me try to explain this simply once again. In certain Theosophic variants, the Masons and the Knights Templar are viewed as the special keepers of their "secret knowledge".

"Seven “Brotherhoods” were set up by Melchisedek (G*d for them, way different from G*d in Judaeo-Christian traditions) for the spiritual advancement of mankind. There are six lesser “Brotherhoods”: the Hermetic, Essene, Brahmic, Luciferian (Masonic), Rosicrucian, and Theosophist, and one greater Brotherhood, the Lemurian."

(I am sure it will come as a great surprise to Masons that they are "Luciferian".)

Given this ring's efforts to hide their root sources, their whole con is spiritual theft, one of the most serious crimes.
oldarchystudent wrote: My god, you're still trying to get everyone and their dog fired?
No, just the grossly incompetent. I also expose the criminal.

If Iseminger is as grossly incompetent as most of SEAC suspects, then he needs to go.
If this problem was not his fault, others who manage sites would like to know how it happened, so that it does not happen to them.

I can tell you that many in the Native American community are very concerned about this as well.

I don't have any problem with European contacts with the Americas, as several of the peoples remembered them. Setting the KRS issues aside for a moment, Norse contact has been confirmed by excavation.

But "Explorers"?
oldarchystudent

E.P. Grondine wrote: There's a difference between writing a book of history and writing a book of fiction which seems to be beyond you.
Wow - thanks. A judgement before you even read it.
Let me try to explain this simply once again.
Just full of complients today, aren't we. I always find our chats so very pleasant...
No, just the grossly incompetent. I also expose the criminal.
Then by all means take your credentials to Cahokia and demand to have him fired and for you, with your vast experience and knowledge, to be installed in his place. I mean - that is what you are saying, that you know more about archaeology than he does, is it not?

Please - do try that and report back on the reception you recieve. Try it in all the other sites where you find the guys with 20-30 years experience lacking when compared to your one weekend digging in your mayor's back yard. I imagine we'd all love to hear how that goes for you.

I thought that discussion was over but clearly, something about it still rankles in you.