K-T event did NOT wipe out dinos

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Rokcet Scientist

Re: K-T event did NOT wipe out dinos

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Digit wrote:Yep RS, but I doubt very much that they can penetrate very far in to hostile ground if they want to get out again, and they cannot remain for very long as a normal two man team 'cos of the supply problem,
Special Forces of non-US western countries' are especially trained to survive and be operational and effective deep in enemy territory, without any support, for very long periods, Roy.
One Japanese even kept that up for 37 years! :lol:
in addition the oft quoted max killing range is a wonderful non idea in wooded country etc!
That's a very moot point in Afghanistan, a land without any trees! 8)
There all max. killing ranges apply.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

E.P. Grondine wrote:
Minimalist wrote: No....more like a pipe dream because we can't even agree on National Health Care which is a far more immediate problem.
I don't think its fair to accuse RS of drug use, min, just because he thinks that spending $100,000,000,000 to fly a few people to Mars is a good idea.

Hey..hey!

I made no suggestion about what was in the pipe.

Although....in Holland.....
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You have managed to ignore at least a couple references I made towards a 'Taliban airforce'!
And 2) you have apparently missed at least a dozen news reports in the past decade mentioning blown up Taliban, Pakistani, Yemeni and Sudanese bandits, with Stingers from Predators.

This is starting to sound like Bertrand Russel's Teapot. No one has seen a Taliban airforce but I can't prove they don't have one!

They people who build the fucking thing (Raytheon) deny that it has an anti-ground capability. Don't you think that the engineers should be given a little credit for what it can do?
The infrared seeker is able to lock on to the heat that the aircraft's engine is producing. It is called a "passive" seeker because, unlike a radar-guided missile, it does not emit radio waves in order to "see" its target.
Do you really think one can equate the heat produced by an aircraft engine with that produced by a human? Even one with a very high fever?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

OK, I'll clear that up for ya:

Crystal Haze, these days. We have a wonderful harvest of that. Rather course handling, average to smoke, but a considerable kick in the pants. Actually never had stronger.
And not in any pipe or bong, but convenient little sticks and joints, mixed 40/60 with tobacco (unlike pure US reefers). Takes less than a minute to build one. Keeps me happy for at least 2 hours. I spend zilch on booze (what did you spend on booze last month...?), so I can still drive when others can't.

Did you know that each glass of booze kills and destroys, irreversibly, about 5 million of brain cells, while THC, TetraHydroCannabinol, the active substance in MJ, actually acts as a catalyst, a fertilizer, promoting the growth of new brain cells?

I'm happy with my arrangement. Works for me. 8)

On a sad note:
Simon Vinkenoog, Dutch poet, author, original hippie, smoked and promoted smoking MJ for 55 years, died the day before yesterday, of a stroke, one week before his 81st birthday. He did his last reading 6 weeks ago, and his last poetry slam last year... Always active, a bundle of energy. He had a full life.
Digit

Post by Digit »

One Japanese even kept that up for 37 years!
He survived! He wasn't active.
As regards being treeless I think you need to do some more research RS!

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Rokcet Scientist

Min, please tell me what targets those Predators are supposed to be shooting with those air-to-air Stingers?

That thing was designed and developed in the mid-seventies! 35 fucking years ago! Target acquisition technology has gone through enormous development cycles since. Maybe it takes 2 Predators: one to light up the target (with infra-red...), the other to shoot its Stinger at that IR target. Ever think of that?
And a (Special Forces) ground crew, of any nationality, could also do that lighting up of the target, of course. Obviating the need for a second Predator.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

No, because the company that builds them says they are an anti-air weapon.

I'm willing to let it go at that. I suspect that some reporter wouldn't know a Stinger from a Hellfire if it hit him in the ass.

-- George Carlin
Sam Salmon

Post by Sam Salmon »

FYI-I am no longer following this morass. :roll:
Rokcet Scientist

Minimalist wrote:No, because the company that builds them says they are an anti-air weapon.
And you apparently believe them although there are NO aerial targets in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, and Sudan! :lol:

Hey! For you I've also got an amazing seaside property with your name on it, Min! And because it's you, you can have it at half price!
It's right next to E.P.'s.
Gonna be cosy there.
I'm willing to let it go at that.
Very convenient... :lol:
I suspect that some reporter wouldn't know a Stinger from a Hellfire if it hit him in the ass.
"Some reporter"? It wasn't "some reporter", Min. It was a whole bunch of reporters, and a whole bunch of newspapers, TV stations and news agencies that all made the same coordinated mistake, throughout the past decade.
What a coincidence...
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Damned if I can figure out what a heat seeking missile could lock on to.......

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Minimalist wrote:
Damned if I can figure out what a heat seeking missile could lock on to.......
IR missiles lock on to IR targets, honey!
So you 'paint' a target with IR and BINGO: you have an IR target...!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The company that makes them says they target the engine heat.

Why are you arguing with engineers?

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Minimalist wrote:The company that makes them says they target the engine heat.

Why are you arguing with engineers?
Because a couple dozen dead Taliban tribes convinces me more than live engineers paying lip service.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Because a couple dozen dead Taliban tribes convinces me more than live engineers paying lip service.
Ever wondered what happens to those that miss their target RS?

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

As I told you before, R/S. Those reporters wouldn't know a Stinger from a Hellfire if one hit them in the ass.

-- George Carlin