The Topper Site

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nati ... 73177.html
COLUMBIA, S.C. – For the second time in less than a decade, a South Carolina river bluff holds evidence pointing to a theory with history-rewriting potential.
Microscopic soil particles from the Topper site near Allendale might hold a tiny key to a big theory: that comet-caused explosions wiped out the mammoths and mastodons, prompted the last ice age and decimated the first human culture in North America about 12,900 years ago.

The comet theory first began generating a buzz at an international meeting of geophysicists in Mexico in May. The findings were published this month in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. They’re about to go mainstream, with a National Geographic Channel segment today. The History Channel will film for a future show at Topper this week.
More news from Topper about the comet theory. 8)
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

"They are about to go mainstream." ?????

So,Topper is not only pre-Clovis but also now pro-Comet?

Good quote from Goodyear, "It's a pretty wild theory. I am glad I am not doing this one."
I guess he feels he has his full with pre-Clovis.
Mayonaze

Malawi Lake Drilling Project

Post by Mayonaze »

It would be interesting to see if the cores retrieved from Malawi Lake can confirm the suspected 12,900 ybp comet event. They apparently go back as much as 1.5MY.

http://malawidrilling.syr.edu/
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Good idea.
It is only 1/3 of the Earth away, but what is that distance to a cosmic traveler?
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Post to move topic temporarily to the top.
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Topper is significant for other reasons, too: Evidence from the site, published late last year, also supports the idea that a comet exploded over the Great Lakes 12,900 years ago, scorching the entire Eastern Seaboard through massive wildfires that would have left Columbia nothing but ash and cinder and which led to the extinction of the woolly mammoth and displaced the entire Clovis population.
Displaced or decimated?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Thank you both for re-activating this thread. I think there will be more news coming from Topper. :D
Digit

Post by Digit »

Displaced or decimated?
If it 'displaced' them that means one of two things.
1 Some survived.
2 They must have been much more widespread than I have understood to be the case.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

If the comet theory is real it would have done much more than kill 1 in 10 (decimatio)....the shock wave and aftermath would have killed more like 999 out of 1000. They'd have had no warning, no cover, no food storage sites, no water and the animals they relied on would have been blasted by the same event.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Exactly Min. Which leaves us with
1 a non-event
2 one that was not that bad and therefore almost certainly didn't wipe out the mega-fuana
3 the 'Topper' people lived in a much greater area than that which was blasted.
See! I'm getting to be as logical as you! :lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

4. The blast was as bad as claimed and virtually wiped out whoever was living in North America leaving it nearly unoccupied for the later wave of migrants from Asia.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

5 Missed that point! :lol:
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

So:
Clovis is first!
(After the big hit?)
What is the time frame between them?