Off Topic

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

By the way, is there any chance of altering this subforum so the most recently posted-in threads appear at the top of the menu?
They already do WA, but the "stickies" stay at the top. They'll come down at Michelle's discretion.

It's the first time we've had stickies here, so it can be a little confusing.
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Whoops. You're right.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.robertschoch.net/

Where is Dr. Schoch? Apparently a split has occurred between he and Colette, his former significant other.

Scroll to the bottom of this url page to see. It seems that she even got the website. :shock:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Note to Min.....I checked the images of the ultrasound that you sent me.
I disagree with the dating of the age of the fetus (in weeks). Image #6 convinces me that the fetus is younger than stated.

However, it appears healthy and well developed.

Thank you.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Certainly well developed!

:lol:
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Happy New Year Archaeologica.

And I'm glad the Holidays are over. :P
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Have you started tipping the glass to each time zone this year Beags?

You should be up to Iceland by now, eh? (and about iced yourself)

:lol:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Oh, I wish that were true. It would be in years gone by. Now my son is out celebrating and we are watching my grandson. He has just gone to bed and I'll have a nip of something very soon. :D
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Getting old is a bitch.....but it beats the alternative.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.joshpeproperties.com/details.php?p=19

"Woodstock" is for sale. It can be had for 8 million. The article is nostalgic and has a good photo gallery. It's actually a real estate listing.

We don't have a psychedelic icon. :P
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080128/sc_ ... EgR3wE1vAI

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A disabled U.S. spy satellite is likely to break into small pieces when it falls to Earth within weeks, posing little danger to humans, U.S. government officials and space experts said on Monday.

Most, if any, debris that survives the intense heat of re-entry would likely fall into the oceans, which cover more than 70 percent of the Earth, White House National Security Council spokesman Gordon Johndroe said.

But he said the U.S. government was monitoring the satellite's descent from orbit and examining different options to "mitigate any damage."
And how would they "mitigate any damage" I wonder?
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I think they blew a big opportunity.
This would have been a great target for a "hunter" satellite if they had not told the world of the target coming down.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

And how would they "mitigate any damage" I wonder?

Crash it into a Blue State?

-- George Carlin
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

That's funny, Bob.....wait, what color is Texas?
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Can I just put in a gentle hint about crack of dawn posts?

Because I'm in the UK, I'm usually well into my day when you guys generally come on stream. But I think some of you may have a habit of checking your emails before cleaning your teeth, let alone having a coffee and starting to feel somewhat human again. And while in this pre-human state, some of you reply to my earlier posts and - how can I put this - it sometimes feels like being snapped at by a grouchy old man, particularly when you've read the post too quickly through your blurry, sleep-filled eyes and got the wrong end of the stick.

I'm not naming any names - you know who you are! :lol: