1,000 Year Old Inca Remains In Norway?

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Barracuda

1,000 Year Old Inca Remains In Norway?

Post by Barracuda »

So this would re-write the history of the western world and its gets four short paragraphs?

http://www.norwaypost.no/cgi-bin/norway ... r?id=87357
Cognito

Have Quechua Will Travel

Post by Cognito »

Reminds me of being at Chichen Itza and checking out the temple at the end of the ball court. Among the carved stones in the temple there is one depicting a fully bearded man with a prominent, nordic nose and braided head band. He must have been one helluva ball player in the Quetzalcoatl League! :D
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The Club insists that you did not see what you saw, Cogs. There were no whites in SA before Columbus so how could you have seen it?

:wink:
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articl ... id=1468202

It does seem unusual that a northern Europeand would have an "inca bone" in his skull, but they are not limited to the Inca. This short abstract gives a bit of the demographics of the bone.

On the other hand - maybe the guy was from Peru. :wink:
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Then pray tell me where this guy came from?

Or were L. Ron Hubbard and Erich von Däniken right all along?
Not to mention the bible: "Suddenly, a chariot of fire and horses of fire appear and Elijah is lifted up to heaven in a whirlwind."
Or even the Lord Jesus Christ Himself ascending to heaven on a pillar of fire . . . :

Ascending to heaven on a pillar of fire . . . ?

Last edited by Rokcet Scientist on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

That's a picture of King Pacal on his way to the underworld. It's inscribed on the lid to his coffin. The Mayan glyphs have been translated, making for a pretty clear story.

On the other hand, maybe it's a Mayan astronaut. :wink:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

LOL.

Yeah, when you hear the "real" interpretation of that scene by The Club it makes Von Daniken's seem almost logical by comparison!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Barracuda

Post by Barracuda »

Thanks, Beagle!

That puts it in a different light!

Or maybe he was from Peru!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

It's an interesting story Barracuda. Hopefully there will be more info on it soon. Maybe they'll test the bones for DNA.
Sam Salmon

Post by Sam Salmon »

Beagle wrote:That's a picture of King Pacal on his way to the underworld. It's inscribed on the lid to his coffin. The Mayan glyphs have been translated, making for a pretty clear story.
I've been down in Pacal's tomb-this was years ago when the public as still admitted.

The scene as posted graced my living room for years because it's been made into a fabric print for sale in Palenque village-I used it to cover some cushions.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.bitsofnews.com/content/view/5773/44
If, and this is still a massive if at this time, further tests and excavations could turn up corroborating evidence for an American link, and the find turns out to not be another Piltdown Man, or simply a very anomalous individual, it would be a sensational discovery, turning established views on pre-Columbian contacts between Europe and the Americas on their head. Right now though, that is speculation more fit for Hollywood movies than science journals.
Here's another article online this morning about the "Inca" skeleton.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Local news in a far off corner of the world.
It will get it's 15 min of fame on the internet, then die.
Iggnore it.
It will go away.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Yep! Then when it turns out to be important the experts are caught by surprise.
Cognito

Remains

Post by Cognito »

It should be a walk in the park to do genetic analysis on the "Inca" remains. Yes, if this person turns out to be South American it would revolutionize pre-Columbian history. Just doing a chemical analysis on the bones would pinpoint the birthplace. Let's see if anyone has the requisite balls to stand up to find the truth ... don't hold your breath. :shock:

This situation also reminds me of "Squanto" of Pilgrim fame. Most people don't realize that he had already crossed the Atlantic twice and spoke fluent English (as well as some Spanish) prior to visiting the village. So who were the primitives? 8)
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Digit

Post by Digit »

It sure would upset the apple cart Cog, and call me pessamist, but I suspect that test will not be forthcoming soon. Too many entrenched apple carts.