1,000 Year Old Inca Remains In Norway?

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Don't the guys from Norway have a bit of a reputation for going their own way? What would it do for national pride if this skull was an Inca?

And remember that the Inca's were in Peru, on the PACIFIC coast of S A.
So we are talking about not just travel are far south as the Caribbean, but across the mountians of Central America.

Of course, this guy could have been a trader or adventure of some kind and got into the Caribbean or the S E coast of N A on his own.

As in the case of Squanto, one traveler does not a trade route make. But it does show contact, and from that, enterchange of knowlwdge and ideas.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Hopefully national pride will triumph, let's face it, if it turns out to be correct there's a book in it, lecture fees, international acclaim, and if it's wrong a long string of 'experts' lining up to say 'told you so'.
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

doesn't this bring us back to the Indians were in S America story?

Some researchers think that the Vikings were Indian.

Don't laugh..I'm serious. :lol:

There's a least more evidence for that than there is for the Aryan Invasion Theory!
Digit

Post by Digit »

Or as my mother used to say 'there's more out than in!'
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

love it, hope they don't re-bury it and pretend they never found it. Hope springs eternal.

This outta keep you guys entertained....the BC art is interesting

http://www.ufoartwork.com/

sorry been on the road again and trying to catch up!
Digit

Post by Digit »

Nice to have you back Club, I get tired of reading my own posts!
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

Digit wrote:Nice to have you back Club, I get tired of reading my own posts!
LOL I know what you mean. I like to dig up the oddities to post here...as soon as I find something everyone will snicker at I think right away...post it :D

still the art is intersting. I suppose being a fanciful child with a vivid imagination and in particular a child that could never be TOLD that anything was so (I believe the term is hard headed, or "you just have to learn everything the hard way don't you" *mom) makes me look at that imagery and wonder what was in their heads when they made it. To go to all that trouble back then to create an artwork one must naturally guess that there was some sort of inspiration that made the artist think OMG I have got to get that in stone....thus it stands to reason that I am looking at those stone figurines and thinking...what the hell made him think of making that....

Also it comes to mind when we were working on Ezekiel for a literature class back in the day...I recall the professor laughing when I commented on Zek's clearly UFO/jet type orriented commentary..."WHAT THE HELL WAS HE SMOKING and where can I get some."
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/7/2/22516

A little more on the Norwegian with the "Inca bone". Makes more sense.
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

clubs_stink wrote:
[...] "WHAT THE HELL WAS HE SMOKING and where can I get some."
Now that's the first sensible idea all night! 8)

And I know where I can get some too: I got it right here! Right in front of me!

BRB, guys! :D
Digit

Post by Digit »

I'll stick to the home made wine, they can't arrest you for that, well, not yet at least.
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Digit wrote:
I'll stick to the home made wine, they can't arrest you for that, well, not yet at least.
Overhere, they're now actively prosecuting people who fill their car's gas tank with biofuels like cooking oil, or sunflower oil, for avoiding excise (taxes) on car fuel....

The same applies to home made alcoholic beverages, Digit!

OTOH, smoking weed is not a problem. We got shops for that. Oddly called 'coffeeshops' (though most serve a Starbucks shaming espresso or capucino too, BTW).
Digit

Post by Digit »

Over here RS they prosecute for the bio fuels as well, unless you use government sold ones with massive taxes added, but we are allowed to brew, I think, 50 gallons, more or less, for our own consumption.
I think it's designed to keep our minds off the fuel taxes!
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Rokcet Scientist wrote:
Overhere, they're now actively prosecuting people who fill their car's gas tank with biofuels like cooking oil, or sunflower oil, for avoiding excise (taxes) on car fuel....

The same applies to home made alcoholic beverages, Digit!
Bloody hell!