Thank You I feel Better now.

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

fossiltrader

I feel better now

Post by fossiltrader »

Lovely nice comment Dick My setting of a Monkey trap may have shown a little arrogance the total failure of anyone to recognize even one item on the test including a mammoth tooth however shows much more about you.
At the end of the day lack of the ability to recognize basic items sort of shouts look at me i read a magazine once.
I collected and worked on sites for ten years before i went to university to my horror after the first six months i realised i didnt know as much as i thought i did.
The abilty to understand this made me continue my studies it must be nice to be a ready made expert Dick do you diagnose your own medical conditions too??.
Well i tried there not enough knowledge here to waste my time on have fun folks and remember if you dont know the answers just guess o silly me that is your plan isnt it .bye.
Mayonaze

Post by Mayonaze »

:roll: Nurse Ratchet! Stat!!
Last edited by Mayonaze on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Manystones

Post by Manystones »

Hi Terry - I've no problem with you calling me Dick since this was my nickname for 18 years, but I guess you are insinuating a little more?

Did I ever make any comments on the subject of the items you showed? What can you deduce or infer from that Sherlock Holmes?

Go on - keep sticking your foot in your mouth, I am finding this quite amusing :lol:
Last edited by Manystones on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manystones

Post by Manystones »

As for recognising mammoth teeth - I pointed out similar to my children recently at Kents Cavern in photos and then of casts.

What exactly are you testing apart from our patience and tolerance?

I see you have removed your website address from your profile - yeah must been kind of embarassing... still I bookmarked it anyway and saved a copy for my records.
Manystones

Post by Manystones »

now you really are backtracking aren't you? why's that?
Charlie Hatchett

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

now you really are backtracking aren't you? why's that?
This is too funny! :lol:
Charlie Hatchett

PreClovis Artifacts from Central Texas
www.preclovis.com
http://forum.preclovis.com
Charlie Hatchett

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

the total failure of anyone to recognize even one item on the test including a mammoth tooth however shows much more about you.
Charlie wrote:

Looks man made.

Looks man made.

Looks man made.

Fossil. :?

Hard to tell. :?
Minimalist wrote:I agree with Charlie, except for the second one which I would class as "indeterminate" from the photo.
Digit wrote:In my, very limited, experience of knapping, item one looks to be man made. But what the heck for?
Charlie Hatchett

PreClovis Artifacts from Central Texas
www.preclovis.com
http://forum.preclovis.com
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

There were French, and German, and Roman, and Russian, and Mongolian, and Chinese, and Japanese, etc. etc., rulers with exactly the same condition: delusions of grandeur, a.k.a. a superiority syndrome, or a "God complex".

History isn't very kind to those.